Yanmamon is an Insectoid Digimon. It took in the data of the gigantic insect, the "jumbo dragonfly". Its body is covered in a tough carapace, which is as hard as Greymon's head, and is extremely light, allowing it to fly about at high speed. It has sharp fangs. It is carnivorous and aggressive, flying around the Network and attacking its enemies with its fangs.
- Thunder Ray: Strafes with an electrified laser.
- Bug Swarm (Insect Ohm): Generates an intense electromagnetic wave by flapping its wings. In Digimon World Data Squad, it attacks the opponent with a strange sound wave which it fires from its tail.
- Somersault Attack (Somersault Kill)
- Sonic Bite: Uses its sharp jaws to bite swiftly.
- Assassin Arrow: Fires an arrow of energy from its tail.
- Electro Shocker (Mega Blaster): Fires an electrical ball at enemies.
- 1 Design
- 2 Fiction
- 2.1 Digimon Adventure: Anode/Cathode Tamer
- 2.2 Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
- 2.3 Digimon Data Squad
- 2.4 Digimon World
- 2.5 Digimon Digital Card Battle
- 2.6 Digimon World 2
- 2.7 Digimon World 3
- 2.8 Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
- 2.9 Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
- 2.10 Digimon Heroes!
- 3 Notes and references
Yanmamon's design is derived from the jumbo dragonfly (Anotogaster sieboldii). It has two arms that each end in a single grey talon and four legs. It has a pair of large, green eyes with a pair of smaller, green eyes between them and three-toothed mandibles on the sides of its mouth. It is brownish yellow in coloration with black muscle in the brachium of its arms and its thighs.
- Yammamon (ヤンマモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used in Japanese media.
Name used in American English media.
Digimon Adventure: Anode/Cathode Tamer
Yanmamon are recruitable enemies in Piemon's Castle.
Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
Digimon Data Squad
Yanmamon carries Gotsumon around the Digital World. It first appears carrying Gotsumon as he watched the battle between the members of DATS between Keenan Crier and his partner Falcomon. It makes numerous appearances later on, including during Gotsumon's attack on the Real World, and when he makes his final stand as Meteormon. It is unknown what happened to this Yanmamon after Meteormon's death.
Digimon World Data Squad
Yanmamon is a digivolution in Lalamon's galaxy once the following requirements have been met:
- Unlocked Kokuwamon.
- 100 AGL.
- Defeated 30 Rookie level Digimon.
- Attacked 50 times.
Yanamon is a wild Digimon in Tropical Jungle and Geko Swamp.
Digimon Digital Card Battle
The Yanmamon card is #094 and is a Champion level Nature-type card with 740 HP, needing 20 DP to digivolve into, and worth 20 DP in the DP Slot. Its attacks are:
- "Thunder Ray": inflicts 400 damage.
- "Bug Swarm": inflicts 250 damage.
- "Somersault Attack": inflicts 170 damage, and attacks first.
It has no support effect.
Digimon World 2
Yanmamon can be found in SCSI Domain. It can digivolve into Pumpkinmon. Its skill is Thunder Ray.
Digimon World 3
Yanmamon can be found in a yellow colour in Asuka's East Sector, in Wind Prarie. A green coloured variation of Yanmamon can be found in Asuka's South Sector, in the Bulk Swap area. Its also available as a White Champion Card with 6/8.
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
Yanmamon is #169, and is a Champion-level, Balance-class, Insect-Plant-species Digimon with a resistance to the Lightning element and weakness to the Wind element. Its basic stats are 149 HP, 181 MP, 104 Attack, 81 Defense, 77 Spirit, 79 Speed, and 44 Aptitude. It possesses the Speed 3 and Sniper 2 traits.
It dwells in the Loop Swamp.
Yanmamon digivolves from Kunemon. In order to digivolve to Yanmamon, your Digimon must be at least level 18, with 250 Insect-Plant experience and 75 speed.
Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
Yanmamon is card 5-589.
Notes and references
- Yanmamon is a Rookie Digimon in Digimon World.
- Digimon World Data Squad: Yanmamon
- Digimon World Dawn and Dusk: Yanmamon
- This attack is named "Sonic Wave" in Digimon World Data Squad.
- Digimon Adventure 02: Anode Tamer (WSC) FAQ/Walkthrough by Sleight1 GameFAQs (2006-04-06) Retrieved on 2009-06-13.
- Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers FAQ by Ajora Fravashi To Bring Back Yesterday (2005-05-05) Retrieved on 2009-06-19.