X-Antibody b

The X-Antibody

The X-Antibody (X抗体 X-Kōtai?), stylized in some materials as X Antibody or X Anti-body, is a plot element from Digital Monster X-Evolution, Digimon Chronicle, Digimon Chronicle X, Digimon D-Cyber, and the related virtual pets and card games. It is a vaccine that makes Digimon immune to the X-Program.

The X-Antibody often grants additional beneficial mutations. Species who have acquired these mutations are differentiated from their original forms by the suffix "X" or "X-Antibody", and exhaust their supply of X-Antibody over time. Therefore, they must continuously replenish their X-Antibody to prevent reversion to their original forms, which incentivizes an intensified battle for resources among the surviving Digimon.[1] Some species are innate carriers of the X-Antibody, lacking an "original form", and naturally generate their own X-Antibody without needing to acquire or replenish it.

Carriers of the X-Antibody, whether innate or acquired, frequently display common features, including Interfaces, As'ma Green, or "X"-shaped features on their body. Individual species mutated by the X-Antibody will often be generally stronger than their original form, often with empowered techniques or weapons, but some also demonstrate changes in Level or Attribute.


Digimon Pendulum X / Digital Monster X / Digimon Chronicle[]

When the Digital World became so overpopulated, the super computer that governs the Digital World, King Drasil, wasn't able to handle it anymore. His solution was to wipe out the vast majority of the Digimon with the X-Program, and choose a very small percentage to be moved to a new Digital World, and destroy the old one. Those who were not chosen but still survived and moved to the new world had a rare gift known as the X-Antibody. This antibody, when activated, changed their appearance and strength. The X-Antibody Indicator (X抗体インジケーター X-Kōtai Indikētā?), also referred to as the XAI System (XAIシステム Sai Shisutemu?) is a system which displays the status of the X-Antibodies. If the XAI system is activated, via the Pendulum X, and it detects the X-Antibody present, it will begin to alter the Digimon itself, resulting in an X-Antibody Digimon.

The X Digimon fled to the NEW Digital World, and King Drasil sent the Royal Knights to eliminate them.

The X-Program was unable to affect the Dark Area due to it being on a separate layer to the Digital World.[please confirm]

Digital Monster X-Evolution[]

The X-Program (Xプログラム X-Puroguramu?) is a termination program initiated by King Drasil to eliminate 98% of Digimon as a result of the exponential growth of Digimon causing the Digital World to reach maximum capacity. When the X-Program was executed by King Drasil, 98% of the total Digimon population was eliminated. The remaining 2% were transferred to the NEW Digital World where the X-Program could not reach them. However, a minority number of Digimon strong enough to resist the effects of the X-Program were able to survive by changing their DigiCores. The Digimon were reborn in a form that could take in the X-Program and eventually it came to a point where a program that opposed the X-Program was installed into the DigiCore—the X-Antibody.

Digimon D-Cyber[]

All extant Digimon are X Digimon.

Digimon World Re:Digitize[]

The X-Program is an item that digivolves WarGreymon to WarGreymon X.

Digimon ReArise[]

X-Antibody variants of Digimon (ex. WarGreymon X but not Alphamon) are able to ignore the "X-Barrier" that X-Spiral have access to in addition to taking 25% less damage from the X-Spiral's "X-Charge" attack.

Digimon New Century[]

Sometime before meeting Katsuhiro Tokumori, Leopardmon and Omnimon fought Barbamon and Megidramon. During the fight, Omnimon gave Leopardmon an X-Antibody causing Leopardmon to X-Digivolve to Leopardmon X. The new digivolution allowed the duo to defeat the two evil Digimon.

Digimon Collectible Card Game[]

List of X-Antibody carriers[]

On August 10, 2021 the Digimon Reference Book added a label to many profiles denoting their subjects as carriers of the X-Antibody, but did not do so for ClavisAngemon, Dexmon, Dracmon, GranDracmon, Matadormon, Sangloupmon, MedievalGallantmon, and Volcdramon, each of whom are stated to be X-Antibody carriers in Digimon Masters and the Digital Monster Card Game, but not in Digimon Card Game. It is unclear whether this was intentional.

Natural carriers
Other carriers

See also[]

Notes and references[]

  1. Digimon Chronicle X, "What is an X-Antibody Digimon?": "The X-Antibody vanishes without continuous intake, leading to a cruel and desperate struggle for survival between X-Antibody Digimon. However, the X-Antibody doesn't vanish from Digimon who innately possess it. (Alphamon, TobuCatmon, MetalPiranimon, etc.)"