|Wizardmon's Gift |
(Kanzentai Sō Shingeki! Kirameku Angewomon)
"Perfects Attack Together! Sparkling Angewomon"
|(Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate||(Ja:) November 21, 1999|
(En:) February 12, 2000
|Written by||(Ja:) Genki Yoshimura|
(En:) Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroki Shibata|
|View on Wikimon|
The kids gather for a final showdown with Myotismon, but it's still not enough to defeat him, at least not until Gatomon reveals her true power.
As Kari is taken away, Matt feels like he's let everyone down. Sora tries to calm him down, and they head for the communications tower, where Kari is. Meanwhile, Joe and T.K. find out about Kari and Gatomon's true identity from Wizardmon, and soon also arrive at the communications tower. After Wizardmon restores Lillymon from her paralyzed state, the group begin their assault on Myotismon in the tower. Their attempts at beating him fail, even when Tai shows up to help having rescued Mimi from the Convention Center. Wizardmon successfully delivers the Crest of Light, but DemiDevimon intercepts the Digivice. Things begin to look up when Patamon digivolves to Angemon, who destroys Phantomon and actually manages to hurt Myotismon, but Myotismon fires at Kari and Gatomon, and Wizardmon takes the full blow. As Gatomon mourns over the loss of her best friend, Kari's Digivice reacts, forcing DemiDevimon to drop it. Tai throws Kari's Digivice to her, allowing Gatomon to digivolve to Angewomon, who focuses the rest of the Digimon's attack power into a single shot, wiping out Myotismon. Just as everyone begins to celebrate, they realize that something isn't right, as Myotismon's fog still looms.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
No Digimon are analysed in this episode.
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Joe: "You mean you want us to give that to Tai's little sister Kari? But if we have to deliver the crest to Tai's sister Kari, then that must mean... she's the eighth DigiDestined child we've been looking for all along!!"
T.K.: "Gee, I'm always the last one to find out."
- —Joe and T.K. are a bit behind due to the fog.
"Someone had to stop you from hurting innocent people!"
- —Kari proves she's got just as much nerve as her brother when confronting Myotismon face-to-face.
"I am really getting sick of that laugh."
- —Sora isn't the only one who wants to wipe the smirk off Myotismon's face.
"You just picked on the wrong guy's little sister, Mr. Fang Face!"
- —Tai's REALLY peeved with Myotismon for kidnapping and trying to kill his little sister.
"Gatomon is an... angel?"
- —Kari witnesses Gatomon's digivolution to her Ultimate form, Angewomon.
Angewomon: "Myotismon! You've tried to destroy the Digi-Destined and attempted to conquer Earth. In doing so you have ruined the lives of Digimon and humans alike. How can you justify yourself?!"
Myotismon: "I don't have to explain myself to the likes of you! It is my destiny to plunge this world into darkness and become King of the Digital World and no angel or Digimon has the power to stop me!"
Angemon: "Myotismon, don't you have any regrets for the things you have done?!"
Myotismon: "Heh! Nightmare..."
Angewomon: "Heaven's Charm!"
- —Angewomon confronts Myotismon for his crimes.
- Outside the TV station, when T.K. says that Gatomon is Kari's Digimon, Matt (along with the rest of the group) looks surprised, even though Kari already told him this when they were in hiding in the previous episode.
- In the dub, the Digidestined that were outside the TV Station knew who Wizardmon was despite not having met him before.
- When Tai, Mimi, and Greymon are about to help fight Tuskmon and Snimon, they haven't been seen until Myotismon was about to attack Kari and Gatomon.
- When Matt's father stands up and looks out the window, the upper sections on Izzy's shoes above his socks are colored purple instead of dark gray.
- When all the Digimon are going down after Myotismon's death, Zudomon's tail is missing.
- After Wizardmon asks Joe and T.K. where Kari is, both said that they don't know who Kari is, but a few shots later however they know that Kari is Tai's sister. This confusion is because in the original Japanese version, this scene is riffing on Kari's full name, Hikari, which means "Light" in Japanese.
- When Lillymon is revived by Wizardmon, the English dub portrays the moment as if Lillymon is preparing to attack Wizardmon, though in the original version, she pays no attention to him and doesn't even face his direction.
- The English dub inserts the scene of Wizardmon handing Kari her Crest while Myotismon prepares to attack her and Gatomon.
- The English dub replaces the scene of Kari crying out as Wizardmon is killed with a scene of her holding him as he dies, but the original scene is still referenced later in "The Fate of Two Worlds" and "Ghost of a Chance" as flashbacks.
- In the Japanese episode, Yamato's (Matt's) father says "nani mono" upon seeing Garurumon in the sentence to mean, "what on Earth are you?". Upon hearing this, Garurumon replies that he is not Nanimon.
- Whilst holding Gatomon, Myotismon says to Kari, "I've got you, my pretty. And your little cat too!", echoing a line spoken by the Wicked Witch of the West in the movie adaption of The Wizard of Oz.
- Angewomon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.