WarGreymon is a Dragon Digimon. The strongest dragon warrior whose body is clad in armor of the super-metal "Chrome Digizoid", it is the ultimate form of Greymon-species Digimon. Though it differs from the gigantic figure seen in Greymon-species Digimon, and has the form of a Man-type, it has rapidly improved its speed and power, and it is likely impossible to defeat it with the attacks of an Ultimate Digimon. The "Dramon Destroyers" (Dramon Killers) equipped to both of its arms exhibit immense power against Dramon-species Digimon, while simultaneously being double-edged swords that put its own life at great risk. Also, when the shells equipped on its back unite into one, they become the "Brave Shield", which is a shield of the strongest toughness. It is said that the moment that a true hero among veteran warriors awakens to its own mission, it digivolves into WarGreymon.
- Terra Force (Gaia Force): Takes all of the energy within the atmosphere and concentrates it into one spot, then fires it as an extremely dense, high-temperature energy shot.
- Great Tornado: Spins at tremendous speed like a tornado and launches itself at the enemy.
- Brave Shield: Uses its "Brave Shield" to defend.
- Mega Claw (Dramon Killer): Slashes its "Dramon Killer" gauntlets.
- Kūchū Dramon Killer (空中ドラモンキラー? lit. "Aerial Dramon Killer")
- Dramon Killer Combo
- Dragon Killer
- Great Tornado (Brave Tornado)
- Grey Fire: Shoots a small fireball.
- War Driver: Builds up energy in its claws and strikes the enemy down with them.
- Dramon Tackle
- Dramon Killer Wave
- Tate no Rocket (たてのロケット? lit. "Shield Rocket"): Fires a Dramon Destroyer at the enemy.
- 1 Design
- 2 Development
- 3 Fiction
- 3.1 Digimon Adventure
- 3.2 Digimon Adventure 02
- 3.3 Digimon Adventure tri.
- 3.4 Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer
- 3.5 Digimon World Data Squad
- 3.6 Digimon Fusion
- 3.7 Digimon Universe App Monsters
- 3.8 Digimon Adventure:
- 3.9 Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01
- 3.10 Digimon Digital Card Battle
- 3.11 Digimon World 2
- 3.12 Digimon World 3
- 3.13 Digimon World Re:Digitize
- 3.14 Digimon World: Next Order
- 3.15 Digimon Rumble Arena
- 3.16 Digimon Rumble Arena 2
- 3.17 Digimon Battle Spirit
- 3.18 Digimon All-Star Rumble
- 3.19 Digimon World DS
- 3.20 Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
- 3.21 Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
- 3.22 Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
- 3.23 Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
- 3.24 Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
- 3.25 Digimon World Championship
- 3.26 Digimon Battle
- 3.27 Digimon Masters
- 3.28 Digimon Collectors
- 3.29 Digimon Heroes!
- 3.30 Digimon Soul Chaser
- 3.31 Digimon Links
- 3.32 Digimon ReArise
- 3.33 Digimon New Century
- 4 Notes and references
WarGreymon is a tall reptilian Digimon with a humanoid body structure. Like other Greymon-species Digimon, it has Tyrannosaurus rex-like features (such as its feet and the shape of its head), but unlike other Greymon-species Digimon, its back is not angled, giving it a human-like posture. It has orange scales covering its most of its body; the only exception is its face, which is covered in grey metal, with one spike on its nose, two spikes behind its eyes, and spiky red hair on the back of its head. The shin guards, cuirass, and spiked yellow shoulder pads it wears are held in place by thick, red cable-like ropes. It holds two large, yellow three-clawed gauntlets in its hands. The Brave Shield it carries on its back is emblazoned with the Crest of Courage. The Digimon Analyzer depicts WarGreymon as wearing a ragged cape on its back instead of the Brave Shield, similar to the concept art drawn by Kensuke Ōta.
- WarGreymon (ウォーグレイモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used in the franchise.
WarGreymon was designed by both Kensuke Ōta and Kenji Watanabe and they sent multiple designs to each other until the design was finalized. WarGreymon originally had a cloak, which was meant to give a similar feeling to MetalGreymon's wings, with the cloak being chosen as cool guys have cloaks. It also originally had stripes like other members of the Greymon-species though Ōta didn't remember why they were removed, and theorised they may have been removed to lower the cost of toys. On the concept art itself Ōta left notes for Kenji, those being; should the horns on its shoulders be removed?, the wiring over its subscapularis look like string but is actually a pipe, and that its arms go through its shields (the Dramon Destroyers). Ōta also asked Kenji to fix the location of the armored part, make the horns and pipes match the rest of its design, and asked Kenji his opinion on if WarGreymon's claws should be weapons, if said weapons should have kanji on them — like AMX-107 Bawoo from Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ — and if WarGreymon should have a sword.
Digimon Adventure: Anode/Cathode Tamer
The WarGreymon Variable deals physical damage to all enemies.
Digimon Adventure (PSP)
Digimon Adventure 02
Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
WarGreymon digivolves from MetalGreymon in lines 14 and 24.
Digimon Adventure 02: D-1 Tamers
Digimon Adventure tri.
Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer
The WarGreymon card teaches the Gaia Force attack.
Digimon World Data Squad
WarGreymon is a digivolution in Agumon's galaxy once Greymon has been unlocked and 25 Dragon's Roar, Nature Spirits, Jungle Troopers, Metal Empire, Deep Savers, Wind Guardians, Virus Busters, and Nightmare Soldiers Digimon have been defeated. WarGreymon is also a requirement to unlock WarGreymon X and Omnimon.
Digimon Xros Wars: Super Digica Taisen
Digimon Universe App Monsters
Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01
Digimon Digital Card Battle
WarGreymon is the last and second opponent in the third and fourth Beginner City's Battle Arena, respectively, and final opponent in the second Wiseman Tower's Battle Arena. He uses the "Fire Heart" Deck.[please confirm]
A WarGreymon card can be obtained by giving the password WARGREYMON to Wizardmon in Sky City. The WarGreymon card is #002 and is an Ultimate level Fire-type card with 1650 HP, needing 50 DP to digivolve into, and worth 20 DP in the DP Slot. Its attacks are:
- "Terra Force": inflicts 900 damage.
- "Great Tornado": inflicts 670 damage.
- "Dramon Cutter", inflicts 380 damage, or X3 against Ice-type opponents.
Its support effect is "Add number of Cards in Hand x100 to own Attack Power."
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
WarGreymon is unlocked by Agumon at level 40 or for the other Rookie level Digimon, MetalGreymon at level 99. WarGreymon can DNA Digivolve to Omnimon during battle with MetalGarurumon, whilst getting both to level 40 will unlock Omnimon.
It is also available as a White Mega Card with 52/52.
Digimon World Re:Digitize
Digimon World Re:Digitize (manga)
Digimon World Re:Digitize: Decode
WarGreymon digivolves from SkullGreymon and MetalGreymon, and can digivolve to Omnimon if it has a MetalGarurumon DigiMemory equipped, or to WarGreymon X or BlackWarGreymon X. If the waste gauge fills to the maximum, it will digivolve to Sukamon.
Digimon World: Next Order
A WarGreymon in Dragon's Trident pretends that it was the WarGreymon that used to be partnered to the Hero, though after seeing it had upset the Hero, apologises. It then requests a battle against the Hero so that it can see just how powerful a Digimon that used to be a WarGreymon had now become. After being defeated WarGreymon is happy at just how powerful a former WarGreymon is and then joins the City so it can spend time with it. It joins the Research Lab and gives the Hero rewards based on how many times they have praised their Digimon.
WarGreymon is a Fire Vaccine, Mega level Digimon. It digivolves from MetalGreymon, MetalTyrannomon, Megadramon, and WarGrowlmon (Orange), and can DNA Digivolve to Omegamon with MetalGarurumon. Mega level Digimon can't poop but if Piedmon's experiment maxes the poop gauge, it will digivolve into PlatinumSukamon or Sukamon.
Digimon Rumble Arena
WarGreymon is a playable character as well as Agumon's Warp Digivolution. It can also be obtained by completing an adventure with Agumon, or by using the password "QRIOUS".
Digimon Rumble Arena 2
Digimon Battle Spirit
Digimon All-Star Rumble
Digimon World DS
WarGreymon digivolves from MetalGreymon at Level 47 and Friendship 90%. He also appears when a Digivolve disk is used on a Dragon Digimon, and attacks with Great Tornado.
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
WarGreymon is #309, and is a Mega-level, Balance-class, Dragon-species Digimon with a resistance to the Fire element and weakness to the Earth element. Its basic stats are 320 HP, 335 MP, 171 Attack, 146 Defense, 126 Spirit, 122 Speed, and 72 Aptitude. It possesses the Heroic Power, Heroic Guard, Flame Aura, and Critical 4 traits.
In Dawn, he is a salesman at the Shine N Route.
WarGreymon can be hatched from the Gold Egg.
Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
WarGreymon is #210, and is a Mega-level, Balance-class, Dragon-species Digimon with a resistance to the Fire and Holy elements and a weakness to the Dark element. It possesses the Confusion Barrier, Assassin's Arm, Master of Saving, and Challenger traits, and has the special skill Ice Melt.
It dwells in the Task Canyon. When defeated, it can drop the debug plate for WarGreymon.
WarGreymon digivolves from MetalGreymon and can digivolve into Omnimon. In order to digivolve or degenerate into WarGreymon, your Digimon must be at least level 40 with 100% friendship, but only once you have revived WarGreymon and befriended an Agumon.
It can be hatched from the Dragon's DigiEgg.
Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
WarGreymon is a Fire Vaccine Type, Mega level Digimon and uses 20 memory. It digivolves from Mamemon, MetalGreymon, and MetalGreymon (Blue), and can DNA Digivolve to Omnimon with MetalGarurumon. Its special attacks are Terra Force and Great Tornado, which is a Fire type move in Cyber Sleuth and its support skill is Dragon's Roar, which increases from Fire type attacks by 15%.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
WarGreymon is #228 and is a Fire Vaccine Type, Mega level Digimon and uses 20 memory. It digivolves from Mamemon, MetalGreymon, and MetalGreymon (Blue), and can DNA Digivolve to Omnimon with MetalGarurumon. Its special attacks are Terra Force and Great Tornado, which is a Neutral type move in Hacker's Memory and its support skill is Dragon's Roar, which increases from Fire type attacks by 15%.
Digimon World Championship
WarGreymon Digivolves from MetalGreymon with 14 battles, with at least 50% won, 60 Dragon AP and an Egg revert.
With the stat build of 3 STR, 2 DEX, 2 CON, 1 INT, Wargreymon is the Mega digivolution of Agumon, Greymon, and MetalGreymon. It is also a boss Digimon in Wind Valley. By card digivolution, Wargreymon may become Omnimon or BlackWarGreymon.
WarGreymon is a Mega-level Mercenary Digimon. WarGreymon digivolves from MetalGreymon, and can digivolve to VictoryGreymon once the "Dramon braker" has been applied to it. It can also Jogress to Omnimon with MetalGarurumon.
WarGreymon can be encountered at Dark Tower Wasteland, if the player's Tamer Level is 25 or more.
WarGreymon is available as two standard cards, five EX cards, two standalone RE cards, one RE card alongside Agumon, two RE cards alongside BlackWarGreymon, two RE cards alongside MetalGarurumon, a card alongside Taichi "Tai" Kamiya, and a crossover EX card with Summon Night 5 protagonist, Folth.
Digimon Soul Chaser
WarGreymon digivolves from MetalGreymon.
Digimon New Century
WarGreymon digivolves from MetalGreymon.
Notes and references
- 2000 Bandai D-Terminal English toy
- Digimon Adventure, "Prophecy" 
- Digimon World Dusk
- Digimon Adventure:, "The Children's Fight for Survival" 
- DT-24: WarGreymon
- Digimon Adventure: Our War Game! [M2]
- Digimon Masters
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory,Omnimon Zwart: "A holy knight Digimon and member of the Royal Knights that fused from WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon."
- Digimon Adventure:, "The Final Stage, DoneDevimon" 
- Digimon Fusion, "Final Fusion - The Fight For Earth!" 
- Serbian dub (translated as BattleGreymon)
- This attack is named "Nova Force" in Digimon Adventure, "Enter The Dark Masters" , and retains its original name of "Gaia Force" in Digimon World Data Squad, ST1-16: Gaia Force, and in its Shodo figure profile.
- This attack is named "Mega Claw" in Digimon Adventure, "The Battle for Earth" , "Nova Force" in "Playing Games" , and "Terra Force" in "The Ultimate Clash"  and "The Crest of Friendship" .
- This attack is named "Dramon Cutter" in Digimon Digital Card Battle, "Doramon Killer" in Digimon World Data Squad, "Iron Claws" in Digimon World Championship, and retains its original name of "Dramon Killer" in Digimon ReArise.
- This attack is named "Ultra Tornado" in Digimon Rumble Arena 2.
- ボルケーノ太 (田@volcano_ota). "今日の放送、カッコ良かったなぁ…燃えた！！！無駄に火がついた心で「確かどこかにあったよな？」って探したら…あった！ どこかで既に世に出てる気もするけど、バンダイ当時けんじさんとFAXでやり取りしてた際においらが描いてけんじさんに送ったウォーグレイモンのラフ案(笑)" December 27, 2020, 12:02 PM. Tweet.
- ボルケーノ太 (田@volcano_ota). "ありがとうございます(>_<) 進化前のメタルグレイモンの羽を名残とした羽＋マントな感じで描いてました(笑)「やっぱカッコいいヤツはマントだろ！」って" December 27, 2020, 13:05 PM. Tweet.
- ボルケーノ太 (田@volcano_ota). "Oh, you like Greymon-stripe! I forgot why it was omitted, but may be…, just may be it was to keep the cost of the toy low. If that was true, the culprit is me" December 27, 2020, 14:46 PM. Tweet.