"Veemon" is the name that all members of this particular Digimon species share. There are several different Veemon that appear in various Digimon anime and manga series.
The article deals with the most well-known appearance of Veemon, the Digimon Adventure 02 anime Veemon who is the partner of Davis Motomiya, and who had previously been the partner of Ryo Akiyama in a WonderSwan game.
The Veemon of Digimon Adventure 02 also appears in all the Digimon Adventure 02 related movies.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Description
- 3 Other Appearances
- 4 Other Forms
- 5 Notes and references
In the English dub, Veemon speaks with a slight lisp (though this is perhaps to differentiate his voice from Ken Ichijouji's, as the two share the same English voice actor, Derek Stephen Prince). This is most evident in how he pronounces his partner's name as "Davish."
Of all the Adventure/02 Digimon, Veemon is the one with the most affinity for hand-to-hand combat, due to both his attacks and his personality. Veemon also demonstrates a crush on Gatomon. (In he has a dream that he and Gatomon were dancing and in , (English Dub only) Ken teases Veemon about him and Gatomon under the mistletoe.)
Veemon is one of the main characters in Digimon Adventure 02, and also appears in its two related movies Digimon Hurricane Landing!!/Transcendent Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals and Revenge of Diaboromon.
Veemon, along with Hawkmon and Armadillomon, are the three Digimon of ancient times who were sealed away by the Harmonious One Azulongmon, to be awakened again in a time of crisis. Veemon was freed in the first episode of Digimon Adventure 02 when Davis Motomiya lifted the Digi-Egg of Courage.
Throughout Digimon Adventure 02, Veemon gains the ability to assume three different Armor forms—one from each of the three Digi-Eggs that its partner Davis Motomiya acquires. After the defeat of the Digimon Emperor, Veemon's natural champion form is unlocked, as well as the ability to DNA digivolve to Paildramon with Stingmon, and later even further to his Mega form, Imperialdramon.
Before the events of Digimon Adventure 02, Veemon was the partner to Ryo Akiyama and helped the latter to fight Millenniummon throughout the events of Tag Tamers and D-1 Tamers. If Ryo chooses to rescue Davis in Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer, he can again partner with Veemon.
Veemon makes an appearance in Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01's special chapter "Double Tamer!! The Great Super Dimensional Battle!!" when he and the rest of the Adventure 02 group are fighting Parallelmon, only to be saved when T.K. pushes them away from his absorption attack.
Veemon is also usable as a fighter in Digimon BattleSpirit, Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit Ver. 1.5, and Digimon Rumble Arena. He is also usable in whatever chapter Davis is in Digimon Tamers: Digimon Medley.
- Vee Headbutt (V-mon Head): Knocks down the opponent with an intense headbutt.
In the Japanese version, between January 21, 2020 and February 5, 2020, Veemon and Davis Motomiya appeared as part of the login promotion screen to promote Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna. Upon completion of the Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna challenge between January 21, 2020 and February 21, 2020, the player is awarded with a Veemon wearing Davis' Goggles. In the English version, the event was between March 15, 2020 and April 12, 2020.
The name "Veemon" refers to only the Rookie form of this Digimon. Throughout the series, Veemon gains the ability to digivolve into a number of more powerful forms (each with a different name). The Rookie form, however, is its most common and preferred form.
DemiVeemon is Veemon's In-Training form. Veemon takes on his In-Training form whenever he returns to the Real World with Davis Motomiya. DemiVeemon also sometimes appears when Veemon is forced to de-digivolve after a particularly difficult battle.
- Pop Attack (Hop Attack): Rams into the opponent while hopping about.
The name 'Flamedramon' comes from 'flame' and 'dra' as in dragon.
Flamedramon was Veemon's very first Digivolution, achieved almost as soon as Veemon was unsealed in the first episode of Digimon Adventure 02. Davis Motomiya's will to protect Kari Kamiya from an attacking Monochromon initially evoked the Digi-Egg's power, allowing Veemon to armor digivolve to Flamedramon to destroy Monochromon's Dark Ring.
After Ken renounced his evil persona, Veemon gained the ability to reach his natural champion form, ExVeemon. ExVeemon took over the role of being Veemon's primary fighting form, and Flamedramon appeared again only a couple of more times.
Flamedramon made his last appearance in the Digimon Adventure 02 finale when the DigiDestined were transported to a dimension where (according to Gennai) "wishes can become reality". Here, Veemon was able to simultaneously digivolve into all of his forms, except for Magnamon.
In the movie, Veemon became Flamedramon to fight Kokomon, who had digivolved to Wendigomon. He was quickly taken down before Terriermon digivolved to Gargomon. Flamedramon later helped Gargomon, Halsemon and Digmon fight Kokomon, who digivolved from Wendigomon to Antylamon. When Antylamon digivolved to Cherubimon, the Armor Digimon were defeated.
In Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 special chapter "Double Tamer!! The Great Super Dimensional Battle!!", Flamedramon makes an appearance.
Veemon can also Armor digivolve to Flamedramon with the Digi-Egg of Courage in the virtual pet D-3.
- Fire Rocket: Surrounds himself in an aura of fire and then shoots himself towards his opponent like a rocket.
- Flame Fist (Knuckle Fire): Shoots fireballs from his fist.
- Flame Shield: Attacks while surrounded by an aura of fire.
Raidramon, the "Storm of Friendship", is formed from Veemon digivolving with the Digi-Egg of Friendship. The Digi-Egg of Friendship first appeared during the fight against the MetalGreymon controlled by the Digimon Emperor. Davis' desire of wanting to help his friends evoked the Digi-Egg's power, allowing Veemon to armor digivolve to Raidramon and destroy the Dark Spiral controlling MetalGreymon.
After Ken renounced his evil persona, Veemon was able to digivolve to his Champion form, ExVeemon. Raidramon was no longer needed as a fighting form, but as he is the only four-legged form of Veemon, he still made several appearances to help transport Davis around the real world and destroy Control Spires if needed.
Raidramon made his last appearance in the Digimon Adventure 02 finale when the cast was transported to a dimension where (according to Gennai) "wishes can become reality". Here, Veemon was able to digivolve into all of his forms (except Magnamon) at once.
In Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 special chapter "Double Tamer!! The Great Super Dimensional Battle!!", Raidramon makes an appearance.
Veemon can also Armor digivolve to Raidramon with the Digi-Egg of Friendship in the virtual pet D-3.
- Thunder Blast (Lightning Blade): Fires an electric blade from the lightning-bearing blade on its head.
- Blue Thunder: Fires a powerful electric shock from the three protuberances on its back.
- Thunder Blast (Thunderbolt): Fires a bolt of lightning from its mouth.
- Electric Bite: Snaps at the opponent with electrically-charged jaws.
Magnamon, is the Golden Armor form of Veemon created by the Digi-Egg of Miracles. Unlike most members of his species, he has five fingers per hand instead of three. Magnamon first appeared during the Digimon Emperor's reign, when the Digimon Emperor's creation, Kimeramon, was wrecking havoc in the Digital World. Wormmon decided to aid the DigiDestined, and led DemiVeemon and Davis to the power source of the Digimon Emperor's base. There, Davis discovered the Golden Digi-Egg of Miracles, and used its power to digivolve Veemon to Magnamon.
Magnamon was powerful enough to fight Kimeramon, but eventually lost his ground. Wormmon, in a last attempt to make Ken Ichijouji see the error of his ways, managed to free Magnamon by sacrificing the last of his life force. Magnamon, re-energized by Wormmon's sacrifice, was able to destroy Kimeramon by using his Magna Explosion attack.
In Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 special chapter "Double Tamer!! The Great Super Dimensional Battle!!", Magnamon appears when the Tamers trapped by Parallelmon create the Digi-Egg of Miracles, and he defeats the Mega Digimon.
When the Old Clock Shop Man summons the heroes of the past to the Fusion universe to help take down Quartzmon, Magnamon takes part in the fight against Quartzmon's army of Myotismon replicas. He quickly degenerates into Veemon.
Veemon can also Armor digivolve to Magnamon with the Digi-Egg of Miracles in the virtual pet D-3.
- Magna Blast (Plasma Shoot): Unleashes missiles from his armor.
- Magna Blaster (Extreme Jihad): Unleashes the full power of the Digi-Egg of Miracles in the form of an energy wave from his entire body.
- Magna Punch (Magnum Punch): Puts all his strength into a powerful punch.
- Magna Kick (Magnum Kick): Kicks with all his might.
Veemon can also Armor digivolve to Sagitarrimon with the Digi-Egg of Hope in the virtual pet D-3.
Other Armor forms
In the virtual pet D-3, Veemon can Armor digivolve with each of the other Digi-Eggs.
ExVeemon is Veemon's natural champion form. After the Digimon Emperor was defeated and his block against Digivolution lifted, Davis tried to get Veemon to digivolve into his Champion form in a bid to impress Kari and Gatomon. Naturally, none of these attempts were successful. It wasn't until Davis was about to be killed by an irate Tortomon that Veemon was able to digivolve in order to save his partner's life.
From then on, ExVeemon overshadowed Flamedramon and Raidramon and became Veemon's primary fighting form until he and Stingmon unlocked the power of DNA Digivolution to form Paildramon. He then becomes essential in fighting Control Spire Digimon, Arukenimon, Mummymon, BlackWarGreymon, the Daemon Corps and finally MaloMyotismon.
In Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 special chapter "Double Tamer!! The Great Super Dimensional Battle!!", Veemon has the ability to digivolve to ExVeemon.
Davis uses ExVeemon when you fight him in Digimon Digital Card Battle
Paildramon is an Ultimate-level Digimon who is the DNA digivolved form of ExVeemon and Stingmon (Wormmon's champion form), combining the features and attributes of a Dragon type Digimon with those of an Insectoid type. Some of his recognizable parts are ExVeemon's lower wings, lower legs, arms and tail; and Stingmon's armor, hands and body.
Veemon and Wormmon are the first of the second generation DigiDestined Digimon to achieve DNA Digivolution. When Ken's former base threatened to explode, Arukenimon attempted to stop the DigiDestined with an Okuwamon she had created out of Control Spires. Ken Ichijouji had been willing to throw away his life to undo the damage he caused, but Davis Motomiya managed to convince him to get over what he did in the past and keep living. At that instant, when the hearts of Davis and Ken were beating as one, ExVeemon and Stingmon were able to merge and form Paildramon.
Paildramon was strong enough to easily destroy Okuwamon and stop the detonation of Ken's base. For a substantial time, Paildramon was the only Ultimate-level Digimon on the DigiDestined's team, and was a valuable ally in their struggle against Arukenimon, Mummymon, and later BlackWarGreymon.
Paildramon is Veemon's Ultimate DNA Digivolution in Digimon Tamers: Digimon Medley. He can also digivolve to Paildramon by leveling up in Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer, or by equipping both ExVeemon and Stingmon with Calumon cards.
- Desperado Blaster: Fires energy bullets from the two cannon weapons on his hips, like a machine-gun.
- Sting Strike (Esgrima, Esp: Fencing): Extends the spikes on his wrists into lances, then strikes at the opponent.
- Cable Catcher: Fires off his claws on wires and binds or stabs the opponent with them.
Imperialdramon Dragon Mode
Imperialdramon Dragon Mode is a Mega level Digimon who is the digivolved form of Paildramon. Around Christmas time, Veemon and Wormmon were given power from one of the DigiCores of Azulongmon. This allowed them, as Paildramon, to digivolve further to Imperialdramon Dragon Mode.
Imperialdramon Dragon Mode was also responsible for transporting the DigiDestined around the world so they could help the Chosen Children of other countries. Interestingly, Imperialdramon Dragon Mode appears to help Sora Takenouchi and Yolei Inoue in Russia even though at the same time, Ken Ichijouji was with Matt Ishida in Mexico and Davis Motomiya was with Mimi Tachikawa and Michael in America, though Gennai mentioned that Imperialdramon Dragon Mode can travel across the world in the blink of an eye.
This was the primary form of Imperialdramon used until SkullSatamon paralyzed him, leading to the older generation Digidestined's Digimon giving up their power from the DigiCores, leading to his further digivolution into Fighter Mode.
- Mega Crusher (Mega Death): Fires super-massive dark matter, swallowing everything within a dark space and completely annihilating everything within a radius of a few hundred meters around the impact-point of the dark matter.
- Positron Laser: Fires a huge blast of positronic energy from the Positron Laser on his back.
- Double Positron Laser: Combines his Positron Laser with Imperialdramon Fighter Mode's to deal immense damage.
Imperialdramon Fighter Mode
Imperialdramon Fighter Mode is an alternate form of Imperialdramon Dragon Mode. The Fighter Mode gives Imperialdramon Dragon Mode a more human shape. It is also said that his fighting power is tripled.
This form was first achieved in Episode 43 of Digimon Adventure 02. When the evil Digimon Daemon and its Daemon Corps appeared, Imperialdramon Dragon Mode was frozen by SkullSatamon. To free Imperialdramon Dragon Mode, the Digimon of the older DigiDestined dedigivolved from their Ultimate forms and gave their remaining power to Imperialdramon Dragon Mode, triggering the Mode Change. Fighter Mode was forced to kill SkullSatamon with his Positron Laser in order to save a busload of children. It was something the DigiDestined regreted as they didn't want to kill, but Imperialdramon Fighter Mode had no choice in the matter.
Imperialdramon Fighter Mode subsequently slew SkullSatamon, participated in battle against Daemon and BlackWarGreymon, and ultimately destroyed MaloMyotismon once and for all boosted by the power of the Digidestined of the world's Digivices. In Revenge of Diaboromon, he appears to fight against Armageddemon, but is unable to defeat him until Omnimon donates his energy and allows Imperialdramon Fighter Mode to digivolve to Paladin Mode.
Whilst fighting Vikemon, Rosemon and Leomon whilst being controlled by Dark Gennai, Imperialdramon Dragon Mode mode changes into Fighter Mode, though it is defeated by the combined efforts of the three.
Imperialdramon Fighter Mode is Veemon's Mega DNA Digivolution in Digimon Tamers: Digimon Medley.
- Positron Laser: Fires the Positron Laser.
- Giga Crusher (Giga Death): Inserts the Positron Laser into the dragon-face on his chest, then emits all of his body's energy as a destructive energy wave with ten times the power of "Mega Crusher".
- Splendor Blade: Manifests a sword of light from his gauntlet and slashes down at the opponent.
- Ionic Blaster[please confirm] (Ion Blaster): Unleashes a massive energy shockwave from his body, destroying any enemies within range.
- Double Positron Laser: Combines his Positron Laser with Imperialdramon Dragon Mode's to deal immense damage.
Imperialdramon Paladin Mode
Imperialdramon Fighter Mode had been fighting Armageddemon using his Giga Crusher attack. However, he was not strong enough, and ended up injured in Armageddemon's counterattack. Omnimon, who had already been badly injured and nearly torn apart by Armageddemon's laser whips, gave his remaining energy to Imperialdramon Fighter Mode. Omnimon's arms separated from his main body to become Agumon and Gabumon again, whilst his main body became the Omni Sword. Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, wielding this sword, turned into Imperialdramon Paladin Mode and defeated Armageddemon. He did this by charging at Armageddemon with his Omni Sword. He then impaled Armageddemon through the snout, causing Armageddemon to disintegrate back into countless Kuramon that are absorbed into the Omni Sword with the help of the many bystanders' cellphones.
- Omni Sword (Omega Blade): Cuts the opponent in two with a single stroke of the Omni Sword, resetting and clearing their configuration data.
- Positron Laser: Fires the Positron Laser.
- Splendor Blade: Manifests a sword of light from his gauntlet and slashes down at the opponent.
Notes and references
- Digimon Encyclopedia: Digimon Adventure/02 Character/Cast List
- In Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers, Veemon is Ryo's Digimon. When Davis finds this out in Brave Tamer, he is understandably jealous.
- In the English dub, this attack was named Fire Rocket, and "Flame Fist" was applied to an originally unnamed fiery punch.
- This attack is named "Thunder Blast" in Digimon Adventure 02, "Spirit Needle" , "United We Stand" , and "The Last Temptation of the DigiDestined" .
- This attack is named "Magna Blast" the first time it is used and "Magna Explosion" the second time in Digimon Adventure 02, The Crest of Kindness" , "Magna Blast" again in Digimon: The Movie, "Extreme Crusade" in Toei's official subs for Digimon Adventure 02, and "Plasma Shot" in Digimon Digital Card Battle.
- This attack is named "Ex-Laser" in Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.
- This attack is named "Cable Catcher" in the official Toei subs for Digimon Adventure 02.
- This attack is named "Giga Crusher" in Digimon Adventure 02, "Revenge of Diaboromon".
- This attack is named "Omega Sword" in Digimon Battle and retains its original name of "Omega Blade" in Digimon Rumble Arena.
|Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna|
|Main characters:||Taichi "Tai" Kamiya | Yamato "Matt" Ishida | Sora Takenouchi | Koushiro "Izzy" Izumi | Mimi Tachikawa | Joe Kido | Takeru "T.K." Takaishi | Kari Kamiya | Davis Motomiya | Cody Hida | Yolei Inoue | Ken Ichijouji|
|Digimon:||Agumon | Gabumon | Biyomon | Tentomon | Palmon | Gomamon | Patamon | Gatomon | Veemon | Armadillomon | Hawkmon | Wormmon|
|Allies:||Gennai | Kyotaro Imura|
|Antagonists:||Menoa Bellucci and Morphomon|
|Other characters:||Other characters|
|Other media:||20th Memorial Story | Novelizations (Dash X version - Mirai version)|
|See also:||Digimon | Digital World (Never World) | Internet | Digivice | D-3 | Smartphone Digivice | D-Terminal|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Veemon. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with DigimonWiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|