Uratekumon is a Hints and Tips Appmon.
- Ue-Shita-Ue-Shita-Migi-Migi-Hidari-Hidari-X-Y (上下上下右右左左XY? lit. "Up, Down, Up, Down, Right, Right, Left, Left, X, Y")
- Kamiwaza Combo (カミワザコンボ Kamiwaza Konbo?, lit. "Superhuman Combo")
Uratekumon appears as a monkey-like creature with a retro gaming console, which appears to draw particular inspiration from the Sega CDX, that has arms attached to its head. It holds a wireless game controller in its hands and has a power cord for a tail. Like all Appmon, it has two cables to allow Applink, though they're on the back of the console.
- Uratekumon (ウラテクモン)
Official romanization given by Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters and used in the franchise.
- (Ja:) Probably a pun on "Ura" (裏? lit. "Retro"), "Technology" (テクノロジー tekunorojī?), and the word "urawaza" (裏技?)
Digimon Universe App Monsters
Notes and references
- This attack is a parody of the famous Konami Code, which is "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A".
- In this case, "Retro" is used to mean Retrogaming, and "waza" being synonymous to "tech", short for technique (テクニック?) which refers to glitches and other in-game secrets in video gaming popularized in the 1980s.