| "Under Pressure" |
(Chinmoku no Kaitei Hoēmon)
"Silent Whamon on the Bottom of the Sea"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) December 26, 1999|
(En:) March 4, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Akatsuki Yamatoya|
(En:) Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takahiro Imamura|
| Chief Anim.|
|View on Wikimon|
Whamon shows up in the group's hour of need, giving them the time and rest they need to prepare for the upcoming battle against MetalSeadramon.
All hope seems lost for the kids, until Whamon shows up, ambushing MetalSeadramon and carrying them away. Minutes later, MetalSeadramon begins a search with a group of Divermon, while Whamon finds a distant island where the kids can rest. After everyone attempts to fish on the island, Gomamon hears of some nearby Divermon from a school of fish and they're soon on the run. Whamon escapes by swimming to an area of high pressure in the ocean where the Divermon cannot follow, but MetalSeadramon catches up. When Whamon surfaces near a coast, Agumon digivolves to WarGreymon in order to fight MetalSeadramon. While the other Digimon defend the kids, MetalSeadramon attemptes to crush WarGreymon in his jaws.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
Note: English dub appearances differ from original. See dubbing changes.
| Ultimate, |
| Aquatic Beast Man|
| Special Move|
|MetalSeadramon: "Those Divermon—if it wasn't for their 'Striking Fish' attack, they'd be useless to me."|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Note: English dub differs slightly from original. See dubbing changes.
"You're finished, you upstart DigiDestined. In a word, you're sunk!"
- —That's two words, MetalSeadramon.
Tai: "Come on, everybody! I never thought I'd wanna be fish food, but we'll be safe in here!"
Izzy: "Technically, it's a mammal!"
- —The DigiDestined seek refuge in Whamon's stomach.
"I rule this ocean with an iron hand, an iron tail, and an iron everything for that matter."
- —MetalSeadramon expounds on his qualifications.
"Cats land on their feet,
But we still need to eat.
It's Gatomon's wish,
For some fresh flying fish!
'Cause I'm a kitty,
Ohhh yeah! Mreow!"
- —Gatomon's fishing song, accompanied by Matt on harmonica.
Izzy: "Well, I've analysed the situation and I believe we can defeat them with WarGreymon."
Tai and Matt: "Huh?"
Izzy: "He's a Dramon Destroyer."
Matt: "Dramon Destroyer?"
Tai: "Try speaking English."
Izzy: "Well, you see, the weapons on WarGreymon's arms are the key. They're especially effective against Dramon-type Digimon, hence the phrase 'Dramon Destroyer'. With these devices, we might be able to defeat the Dark Masters."
Tai: "Izzy, you're a genius! Dramon Destroyer, huh? Agumon, you're gonna eat those Dramon alive!"
[Agumon eats a large fish whole.]
Tai: "...That's not what I had in mind."
- —Izzy gives the group new hope of defeating the Dark Masters.
"This is my moment to shine! ...Does my hair look all right?"
- —MetalSeadramon shows a vain side to his personality.
Tai: "Oh, come on! You think I'm too brainless to understand?"
Izzy: "Yes, but I'll tell you anyway."
- —Izzy can crack jokes with the best of them.
Palmon: "What do you mean, 'hopefully it'll work'?"
Mimi: "That's what the captain of the Titanic said!"
- —Palmon and Mimi are not reassured by Whamon's plan of escape.
- When Mimi stops dancing while inside Whamon, her hair becomes darker for a moment.
- When Mimi and Palmon scream, the strap of Mimi's bag is the same red color as her dress, and the dark brown section on her glove is missing.
- In a shot of Izzy before Kari blows her whistle, his gloves are the same color as his skin.
- When Ikkakumon uses his Harpoon Torpedo attack, the brown sections around his eyes are missing.
- When MetalSeadramon catches WarGreymon, the black section of his eye becomes white when he is submerging.
- The first scene in the English dub episode, featuring Whamon arriving to save the kids, was originally featured at the end of the previous episode.
- Gatomon does not sing along with Matt's harmonica when catching a fish in the original Japanese episode.
- In the original version, MetalSeadramon is defeated at the end of this episode, whilst in the English dub, the scene of his death, plus Whamon's sacrifice, is moved to the beginning of the next episode. As a result of the change, Puppetmon, Machinedramon and Piedmon are not featured in the English dub episode. De-Digivolutions are also not included.
- Though the title may simply refer to the expression of being "under pressure", it may also be a reference to the Queen/David Bowie song of the same name.
- When Mimi questions Whamon's optimism with his next plan, she references the captain of the Titanic, the ship famous for crashing into an iceberg and sinking on her maiden voyage.