|The Power of The Burst Mode! |
(Bāsuto Mōdo—Kyūkyoku o Koeru Chikara)
"Burst Mode—A Power Exceeding the Ultimate"
|Airdate||(Ja:) January 7, 2007|
(En:) July 28, 2008
|View on Wikimon|
To everyone's shock, Kurata is well alive within Belphemon (Rage Mode), who proceeds to show his utter contempt for Marcus, Spencer and the entire Damon family. Marcus calls Kurata lame and pathetic, who then in complete fury, has the demon lord absorb all the electricity of the city, vowing to destroy Marcus. He then swallows the space-oscillation bombs to open a space rift. Thomas alerts everyone that Kurata intends to blow up both the human and digital worlds.
Everything seems hopeless for the DATS, but Marcus' words rekindle their spirits, that regardless of being human or Digimon everybody present is the DATS team who fight to protect their loved ones. The team then attacks with all they've got but even ShineGreymon's Glorious Burst, which is stronger than ever, is unable to put down Belphemon. Belphemon knocks each of the DATS Digimon aside and fires an attack at Marcus which he is shielded from by MirageGaogamon, Ravemon and Rosemon but who are ultimately blown back (BishopChessmon and RookChessmon were reverted to their rookie forms of Pawnchessmon respectively).
Seeing his Digimon friends protecting him, he becomes determined to defeat Kurata and Belphemon, once and for all. This determination dawns upon Marcus and ShineGreymon the miraculous digivolution of Burst Mode. They manage to destroy Belphemon, ignoring Kurata's pleas for mercy. However Kurata sets off an explosion and opens the digital gate even larger. He apparently sets the gate too wide and blows himself up. The Digital World and the Human World are starting to collide.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
This episode features no analyser
|Agumon||1||ShineGreymon||4||ShineGreymon Burst Mode|
Thomas: "What is that sick thing?"
- —Marcus is not as surprised as Thomas when Kurata appears in Belphemon's chest.
Kurata: "Damon, Damon, DAMON! The first thorn in my sight was the father, Spencer Damon-and now it's his meddling son, Marcus! Why? I hate you, Marcus Damon. I've never hated anyone or anything more than I hate you! Why is it always you? Why must you stand in the way of my plans time after time again and again! I am getting so sick of the Damon family sticking their nose where it doesn't belong! If it hadn't been for the two of you-both the father and the son, then I would have already been the ruler both the Human World and the Digital World by now!"
Marcus: "Quiet down, you're giving me a headache! You did all this so you could become a world ruler? What a lame reason!"
Kurata: "Lame reason?"
Marcus: "Who do you think's pathetic enough to follow your lead? No one from the Digital World, that's for sure. And certainly, no humans either-not as long as I'm here!"
- —Kurata loses it after Marcus gives him a reality check.
MirageGaogamon: "Sir, your orders!"
Thomas: "Everybody, full back! Gather together down here right now!"
- —Thomas' next order is an astonishing retreat.
Marcus: "Same old story. So what you're saying is we need to beat this jerk fast. The situation is always dangerous so, what's so different about now? We still have to win right, So what are we waiting for? Let's get going."
Miki: "Yeah, I guess he's right!"
Keenan: "It simple when he say it!"
Yoshino: "I'll say."
Thomas: "You're absolutely right, Marcus. Nothing's changed at all. We still have the same mission!"
- —Marcus needs no stinking goggles to pull his team together again.
Kurata: "Grrr... Damon!"
Marcus: "That's right, Kurata. This is Marcus Damon talkng and I'm here to tell you that you're going down!"
Kurata: "MARCUS DAMON!"
- —Marcus and Kurata's fight is entering its climax.
ShineGreymon: "We will defeat Kurata."
Marcus: "We will save our friends and both our worlds."
- —Marcus and ShineGreymon's combined emotions reward them with a one-way ticket to Burst Mode. All aboard!
"Real power is in your heart, and backed by an unwavering courage!"
- —BanchoLeomon watches Koromon's miraculous digivolution into Agumon.
"You've done it, Marcus Damon—and you too, ShineGreymon. By combining the intensity of your emotions and your everlasting friendship with each other, you've been able to push past the Mega level into new, uncharted areas of power. This is what...the true Burst Mode looks like!"
- —BanchoLeomon congratulates Marcus and ShineGreymon on reaching Burst Mode.
Kurata: "Stay away from me! No!"
ShineGreymon: "You're finished, Kurata!"
- —Hearing ShineGreymon is mere thunder for you, Kurata. You have yet to feel the lightning striking you.
Thomas: "Get him, Marcus!"
Yoshino: "Do it for all the Digimon whose lifes Kurata took!"
Keenan: "Get revenge for Frigimon and Merukimon!"
Miki & Megumi: "Marcus!"
MirageGaogamon, Rosemon & Ravemon: "Marcus!"
- -Marcus' friends cheering on him to make Kurata pay.
Kurata: "No, please! Take pity on me, Marcus!"
Marcus: "Pity's all I have for you...KURATA!"
- —Kurata's last desperate attempt to save himself from Marcus earns him a punch to the face.
Kurata: "Not this... Please no... This isn't what I was trying to do!"
Kurata: "NOOO! Help me... Please!"
- —Kurata's last action to achieve his dream becomes his last action ever.
- While the English dub has Miki and Megumi announcing their Digimon's attacks separately, the Japanese version has them ordering a full-power impedance in unison.
- Belphemon's back shot when hit by ShineGreymon's Glorious Burst attack, originally shows Belphemon's body while fading to white.
- Marcus grunting while charging DNA into his fist is exclusive to the English dub.
- Kurata begs for mercy in the English dub, while he simply stutters Marcus' name out of horror in the Japanese version.
- Marcus saying "Pity's all I have for you" is exclusive to the English dub.
- In a shot of Marcus punching Kurata's face, the section between Marcus' fist and Kurata's face is covered with a DNA disintegration effect in the English dub.
- When Rosemon speaks about Agumon's return, the end of her sentence sounds to get cut-off.
- In the scene where Belphemon consumes the space-oscillation devices, the DVD version shows his mouth more open than in the Japanese TV episode.
- Belphemon's mouth beam becomes entirely yellow in some scenes of the Japanese TV episode. In the DVD version, it keeps its first design.