|"The Odd One Out" |
(Min'na wo Sukue! Shinkasuruda Tsunomon)
"Save Everyone! Evolve Tunomon"
|(Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Sensation Animation
|Airdate||(Ja:) May 26, 2002|
(En:) October 28, 2002
|Written by||(En:) Adele Lim|
|View on Wikimon|
As Zoe and J.P. try to reach the Forest Terminal, they find their way to a Digimon elementary school, discovering that one of the students is treated like an outcast.
J.P., Zoe, Neemon, and Bokomon are walking through a field of very tall flowers when a Tsunomon darts past and startles them. A Togemon comes through the field, demanding for Tsunomon to return. She spot the humans and, after retrieving Tsunomon, invites them to the Digimon School. The group is a first reluctant, but once they are told that there will be food, they agree.
At the school, the young Digimon greet the humans, and they have an average school day with the visitors interacting at various stages. During the day, however, they observe the way that the students ostracize Tsunomon from any group activities. It reminds Zoe of her own ostracization due to her childhood spent in Italy. When J.P. unwittingly insults Tsunomon, he runs off and falls into a river. Zoe tries to save him, but she falls in too. Tsunomon digivolves to Gabumon to save them both, and he reveals that the reason why the other Digimon don't want to play with him is because they're scared of him and his ability to digivolve.
It begins to rain, which worries Tsunomon because the school once flooded after a huge rain. They spirit evolve and return to the school, whose students take refuge atop the school. The DigiDestined work to protect the school, except Kapurimon falls into the water. Tsunomon, taking strength from the fact that even J.P., who is scared of thunder and lightning as a human, is fearlessly helping out as Beetlemon, digivolves and saves Kapurimon. When the rains clear, Gabumon finds himself accepted by the students. The class builds the DigiDestined a boat for sailing across the plains. They meet up with Takuya, Koji, and Tommy, just as they parachute out of the ToyAgumon's plane.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
|J.P. Shibayama||3||Beetlemon||6||J.P. Shibayama|
|Zoe Orimoto||3||Kazemon||6||Zoe Orimoto|
- In the Italian dub, Zoe spent her childhood in the England rather than Italy.
- Most of the schoolchildren are the Fresh and In-Training forms of the Digimon partners from previous seasons.
- Tsunomon is the In-Training level of Gabumon
- Kapurimon is the In-Training level of Guardromon
- YukimiBotamon and Nyaromon are the respective Fresh and In-Training levels of Gatomon
- Jyarimon is the Fresh level of Guilmon
- Zerimon is the Fresh level of Terriermon
- Conomon is the Fresh level of Lopmon
- Yaamon is the In-Training level of Impmon
- In the recap for the previous episode, it's said that Takuya, Koji, and Tommy "fell down a hole like Alice", referencing the story Alice in Wonderland.
- J.P. says the school looks like it was built by The Three Little Pigs.
- During one of Zoe's flashbacks, other girls her age are looking at dolls. One of the dolls they pick up is a Wormmon. This is the only evidence in the entire season that Digimon may be common knowledge in this reality's human world.