| "The Last Temptation of the DigiDestined" |
(Saigo no Āmā Shinka)
"The Last Armor Evolution"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) March 18, 2001|
(En:) May 19, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Atsushi Maekawa|
(En:) Alan Smith
|Directed by||(Ja:) Atsutoshi Umezawa|
| Chief Anim.|
The DigiDestined fall victim to MaloMyotismon's illusions, though Davis, free from any insecurities, guides them out, and they soon learn to harness the true power of the alternate dimension.
At long last, the final enemy appeared. A horrible fear overwhelms the kids and freezes them in their tracks. Only Davis confronts MaloMyotismon without total fear. Davis' courage continues to fight through this hopeless situation. His courage gives some of the Digimon power and they are finally able to damage MaloMyotismon. But, MaloMyotismon fires a strange attack at them and they are captured in light. The DigiDestined find themselves within their own minds, thoughts and dreams. Wandering in a world of illusions that reflect reality. Will they throw away their courage to fight? A miracle has not been seen yet. Davis' heart is becoming desperate. This is the final and last battle! All our chances lie on a few chosen children...
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
|Stingmon||6||Wormmon||18||Stingmon||23||Paildramon||(25)||Imperialdramon Dragon Mode||(26)||Imperialdramon Fighter Mode|
|ExVeemon||23||Paildramon||25||Imperialdramon Dragon Mode||26||Imperialdramon Fighter Mode|
Davis: "No, I'll never retreat! Not as long as there's a fighting chance! I've never quit before and I'm not going to start now! As long as ExVeemon is willing to fight, I'm backing him."
ExVeemon: "I'll never give up, Davis! Ah!"
- —No trust is comparable to Davis and ExVeemon's.
Davis: "There you are, dude."
Davis: "So are you ready to help me?"
- — Davis and TK finally reach their mutual understanding.
Ken: "But how did ExVeemon split into his three Digivolutions? It doesn't make sense, not even for this crazy place."
Davis: "It was really weird. I was wishing that ExVeemon could get stronger and it just happened."
Davis: "MaloMyotismon was making my blood boil so I wished ExVeemon was strong enough to stop him, then there were three of them."
Cody: "How is that possible?"
T.K.: "Somehow in this weird dimension emotions become reality. Davis must have tapped into something."
- —The DigiDestined find their trump card to fight back.
TK: "I don't want the powers of Darkness to hurt any of my friends!"
- — TK acknowledges his resolution
Yolei: "We are strong. We are strong. We are strong!"
- — Yolei, believing in everyone's strength
Cody: "I want MaloMyotismon to be stopped before he can hurt anymore digimon!"
- — Cody doesn't want everyone else to suffer as the poor Arukenimon and Mummymon.
Kari: "The future of both worlds depends on us. MaloMyotismon must be stopped!"
- — For the future to come, they must never give up.
MaloMyotismon: "I'm curious to know why my mind illusion wasn't effective against you. How can it be that you have no insecurities or unhappiness for it to feed off of?"
Davis: "What do I have to worry about? I've got my friends, my family, the Digimon. Besides some guy with a letter-opener on his face trying to kill me, I'm happy to say I don't have any problems."
- —Surprisingly, it seems like Davis has inner peace.
Davis: "Now if we're through chit-chatting, I'd like to get back to the part where we put you away! I'm sick of monsters like you always trying to take over the world. It's over. We're not going to let you hurt anymore people!"
- —Davis has enough of MaloMyotismon's world domination scheme
- In Ken's illusion, several shots of the Digimon Emperor being struck by the Digimon's attacks are removed from the English dub.
- The original version features three insert songs for evolutions, the first being Break Up!, followed by Beat Hit, and finally the series opening theme Target ~Akai Shougeki~.
- In the English dub, after digivolving, Pegasusmon says "Galloping Hope" instead of "Flying Hope".
- In the English dub, Hawkmon and Yolei mistakenly comment on her "brothers", rather than on her "brother".
- The English dub title for this episode is a variation on the 1988 Martin Scorsese film The Last Temptation of Christ.
- Veemon, Hawkmon, Armadillomon, Patamon and Gatomon announce the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- The DigiDestined's illusions reflect the things that they wish for:
- T.K. wishes that his whole family were together again.
- Kari wishes for a world of peace where humans and Digimon live in harmony.
- Yolei wishes she was an only child, so she could get all the attention.
- Cody wishes his father were alive so he could show him the Digital World.
- Ken wishes he could find absolution for the death of his brother, and for his evil deeds as the Digimon Emperor.
- Davis only wishes that MaloMyotismon could be defeated—this wish comes true.
- During Gatomon's Digivolution sequence, she says "digivolve to" before "Armor Digivolve to" but Nefertimon announces her name before Angewomon does.
- This episode features every digivolution introduced in the series, excluding Magnamon, Seraphymon [sic], and Magnadramon.
- When voicing Imperialdramon, Paul St. Peter and Derek Stephen Prince will sometimes speak together as one voice, and at other times speak individually.
- MagnaAngemon is the only Digimon to not attack MaloMyotismon with the others.
Notes and references