|"The Eighth Digivice" |
(Raremon! Tōkyō-wan Shūgeki)
"Raremon! Surprise Attack on Tokyo Bay"
|(Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate||(Ja:) October 10, 1999|
(En:) December 18, 1999
|Written by||(Ja:) Hiro Masaki|
(En:) Rebecca Forstadt, John Ludin
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroki Shibata|
|View on Wikimon|
When one of Myotismon's henchmen is spotted late at night, Izzy is the only one left awake to stop him causing trouble, and ends up tracking a signal from the eighth Digivice.
Meanwhile, Tai is on his way home, when he begins to wonder if his little sister Kari might be the eighth child, because she also witnessed the events at Highton View Terrace four years ago, just like the other DigiDestined. Kari's parents arrive home and when she goes to greet them, the family cat Miko is curiously sniffing the Digivice under her bed. When Tai arrives home, he is very happy to see his parents, much to their surprise, and quite emotional, too.
Izzy returns home and lets Tentomon into his apartment through his bedroom window, so his mom doesn't see. Confident his parents will never understand their situation, Izzy goes to get a lock to keep his parents from entering his bedroom. He then has a flashback of overhearing his parents discussing whether or not it's time to reveal to him that he was adopted. Izzy takes his dinner to his room to share with Tentomon, while Tai does the same with Koromon.
Tai asks Kari if she has seen a Digivice. When she says no, Tai shows her his. It turns out that Miko has in fact taken the eighth Digivice, and is travelling with it in a lorry to another location. The Digivice starts reacting when the truck goes over a bridge. A silhouetted Digimon is seen with one of Myotismon's Crests, which is glowing. DemiDevimon is also nearby with one of the copied Crests, and it's glowing, too.
Later that night, Izzy is checking out some modifications Gennai made to his computer when he finds a map of Tokyo with an alert message from Gennai saying that an unidentified Digimon is lurking in Tokyo Bay and he's the only one of the Digidestined who's still awake. Alarmed, he wakes a sleeping Tentomon.
After Izzy calls the other Digidestined at home to confirm that they're all asleep, He and Tentomon quickly whip up a disguise for the latter and take a cab down to the bay and begin tracking down another one of Myotismon's henchmen. They find Raremon, the creature from the water. As a battle ensues, Izzy gets a signal from the eighth Digivice, and decides to follow it by himself. However, DemiDevimon is also following a signal from the Digivice, which Miko abandons, and finds Izzy. Kabuterimon, fresh from defeating Raremon in an intense battle, comes to the rescue just in time, while the eighth Digivice is carried away by a crow.
Izzy returns home to his quite worried parents and overhears them talking. They are concerned that he has changed since he returned home from camp, and are worried he is hiding something. Meanwhile, Tai gets a signal from the eighth Digivice, when it is really just the crow flying overhead with it.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
|Tentomon: "Raremon smells like rotting fish, looks like the inside of a trash can, and is someone you never want to meet in a very dark alley."|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Susumu (Tai & Kari's father): "She has to stay in the hospital for a day, and she's hoppin' mad 'cause it cuts into her dancing lesson."
Kari: "That's Grandma!"
- —Kari's grandmother is obviously the fighting type.
"Your mom is a really kind lady, and, if you don't mind me saying so, she's not bad looking for a human."
- —Tentomon quickly takes a liking to Izzy's mom.
- DemiDevimon's Demi Dart attack, which he tries to use in the original episode against Izzy, is cut short in the English dub.
- We see Tai and Izzy arrive in their home district of Odaiba, where most of the upcoming episodes will take place until Myotismon's defeat.
- Raremon's appearance and attack on a dance club imitate Hedorah from the Godzilla film Godzilla vs. Hedorah. In the original version, Raremon also sounds a lot like Hedorah.
- The dance club is named Poseidon, after the Greek god of the sea.
- Izzy announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- Izzy's adoption is revealed this episode. It was previously hinted in the episode Kabuterimon's Electro Shocker, though not confirmed.
- Gennai installed new functions in Izzy's laptop.
- Kankan: A gif featuring a Frigimon, a Monzaemon and a Numemon dancing can-can. Orange can icon.
- Balloon: A gif featuring a Chuumon pumping a balloon until it pops. Red balloon icon.
- Radar: A real-world map which senses Digimon locations. Radar tower icon.
- Pafu Pafu: Eyes icon.
- Syogi: Shogi piece icon.
- Koji: Brush writing icon.
- Love: Pink heart icon.
- Analyzer: Yellow pointer icon.
- Good: Right thumbs-up icon.
- Attention: Jack-in-the-box icon.