| "The Dark Gate" |
(Ankoku no Gate)
"The Dark Gate"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) February 18, 2001|
(En:) May 5, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Atsushi Maekawa|
(En:) Alan Smith
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroyuki Kakudou|
| Chief Anim.|
Oikawa, having no further use for Ken, attempts to hand him over to Daemon, though Davis intervenes, and a fierce battle soon ensues in Highton View Terrace, as history repeats itself.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
|Raidramon||1||Veemon||2||ExVeemon||6||Paildramon||12||Imperialdramon Dragon Mode||13||Imperialdramon Fighter Mode||14||Veemon|
|(w/ Stingmon)||+ Wormmon|
|Wormmon||3||Stingmon||6||Paildramon||(12)||Imperialdramon Dragon Mode||(13)||Imperialdramon Fighter Mode||14||Wormmon|
|(w/ ExVeemon)||+ Veemon|
Daemon: You may think you've seen the last of me, but I will be back.
Oikawa: "Children, listen to me closely. Remember this place. One day I will call you back here. Remember what I told you."
- —The dark plan is still not over..
- Soon after Imperialdramon Fighter Mode appears, a clip from the episode "Dramon Power" is shown, in which Ken and Davis are absorbed into Imperialdramon Dragon Mode's forcefield.
- In the English dub, when Jim brings Yolei back home, he apologizes to "Mrs. Inoue", presumably Yolei's mother, even though only her two sisters are seen.
- The Digimon Analyzer uses Daemon's Japanese name, "Demon", instead of his English name.
- In the Japanese version, when the Digimon force Daemon into the Dark Ocean, the opening theme song, Target ~Akai Shougeki~ plays in the background. This is replaced by generic music in the English dub.
- Ken announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- This is one of the few episodes in the entire Digimon anime series to retain its original Japanese title in the English dub. The other is The Insect Master's Trap.