Terriermon started out as a wild Digimon, living by the doctrine of "survival of the fittest" in the harsh realm of the Digital World. When Henry received a Digimon video game as a present from his father, he selected Terriermon to play with because he identified with him. During a battle between Terriermon and Gorillamon, Henry caused Terriermon to Digivolve into Gargomon, but Gargomon lost control of his powers and was nearly unconscious when he degenerated, encouraging Henry to regret Terriermon's digivolution. Soon after, the mysterious Blue Card was discovered among Henry's card collection. Henry swiped the card through his card reader, transforming it into a D-Power. Terriermon then Bio-Emerged into the Real World as Henry's partner. Because of Terriermon's near-death experience, Henry strongly discouraged fights, even against attacking Digimon. However, when they needed to protect a child from a rampaging Musyamon, Henry learned that there were some things worth fighting for, and eased off.
At first, Henry hid Terriermon from his family by having Terriermon act like a simple stuffed animal, who his sister called "Princess Pretty Pants". Later, Terriermon met the other Tamers, and became fast friends with Guilmon (Takato's partner).
Terriermon was the first Digimon to Digivolve into champion level in Digimon Tamers (though this was accidental due to the situation).
- Bunny Blast (Blazing Fire): Terriermon fires energy blasts from his mouth. This can be in either a rapid round of tiny blasts, or in one large concentrated blast.
- Terrier Tornado (Petit Twister): Terriermon spins himself around and shoots a green tornado at his enemies.
While in Ryo Akiyama's party, Terriermon will degenerate to Zerimon when his YP depletes.
Gummymon is Terriermon's In-Training form. After the final battle in Digimon Tamers, Terriermon De-Digivolved to Gummymon and afterwards returned to the Digital World.
Gargomon is Terriermon's Champion form. Terriermon accidentally Digivolved into Gargomon while Renamon and Guilmon were fighting in an indoor parking lot and went out of control. If not for Guilmon tackling him into a wall, Gargomon would have fired at Rika. The same problem happened when Henry was playing his online videogame and Terriermon Digivolved into Gargomon to drive off Gorillamon. It wasn't until the following battle against Musyamon that Gargomon was able to control himself and that Henry realized that there are times when one needs to fight in order to prevent disaster.
- Gargo Pellets/Laser (Gatling Arm): Fires bullets or laser beams from the Gatling Arm gauntlets on his arms.
- Bunny Pummel (Dum Dum Upper): Uses his Gatling Arm as smashing weapons. His Gatling Arm sometimes blazes with green laser for more damage.
Rapidmon is the Ultimate form of Terriermon. When Henry slashed a "Blue Card", Gargomon became Rapidmon and used his attacks in a battle against Pajiramon and Vajramon. Rapidmon also appears later on in other battles against Vikaralamon, Beelzemon, Zhuqiaomon and some of the agents of the D-Reaper.
- Rapid Fire: Fires powerful missiles from his arm cannons.
- Miracle Missile (Atomic Blast): Fires missiles from his back rocket launchers.
- Tri-Beam (Golden Triangle): Forms an energy triangle in a formation and fires a green laser from it.
- Trinity Burst: In this combined attack with WarGrowlmon and Taomon, Rapidmon turns into a crystal-like form, then a beam of energy, and then he combines with the other two (also in the form of energy beams at this point) into an energy arrow that resembles a crane.
MegaGargomon is the Mega form of Terriermon. MegaGargomon was formed when Henry Biomerged with Terriermon during the fight against the Sovereign, Zhuqiaomon. In this form he was able to hurt the powerful Mega Digimon, but nevertheless lasted only a short time in the fight. He later participated in battles with the D-Reaper, and used the Juggernaut program downloaded by Hypnos to defeat it. In combat, MegaGargomon demonstrates that as a whole, 'they' benefit from Henry's experience as a Tai Chi student, using martial arts in battle against opponents.
MegaGargomon also appears to stop Parasimon and his self-multiplied army from taking over the world.
In Digimon BattleSpirit, MegaGargomon is Terriermon's digivolution.
In the English version, he retains the child like, laid back jokester personality of Terriermon whereas in the Japanese, he is portrayed as a serious minded fighter.
- Mega Barrage (Burst Shot): Volley fires his firearms.
- Gargo Missile (Giant Missile): Fires a gigantic megaton-class missile from the gun turrets on his shoulders.
- Gargo Missiles (Giant Bazooka): Fires gigantic megaton-class missiles from the gun turrets on his shoulders.
- Mega Twister: Charges the opponent, then lifts them up and spins rapidly before tossing them.
- Power Pummel: Generates pulverizing shock waves from his fists.
Attacks in Digimon BattleSpirit
Notes and references
- Digimon Encyclopedia: Digimon Tamers Cast List
- Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer and Digimon Series Memorial Book: Digimon Animation Chronicle
- This attack is named "Gargo Missiles" in Digimon Tamers: Runaway Locomon [M2], and "Burst Shot" in Digimon Rumble Arena.
- This attack is named "Giant Missile" in Digimon Tamers, "The Invigorating Ultimate Warrior Justimon Arrives!" .