Source of attacks
What is your source for 'Spinning Spiking Strike'? --Deviate85 04:06, December 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I think it was the first thing he called his tech in 02. I don't have access to my anime notes right now (car crash took out my laptop temporarily), but when I do, I'll check.Now activating Project: SPIDERS EVERYWHERE 06:35, December 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Moon Shooter is 'Spinning Spiking Strike' in the dub.RERU Kareru (talk)K.R.
- I got that one from Wikimon and DMA.RERU Kareru (talk) 05:34, November 13, 2013 (UTC)K.R.
- They're wrong, it's Hell Squeeze. That's why we always check ourselves, just in case.Now activating Project: SPIDERS EVERYWHERE 05:05, November 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Lanate: In 02.25, Stingmon uses Spinning Spiking Strike, and the end of the scene replays after the Analyzer interruption so that it sounds like he's saying "Spiking Strike" -- but it's clearly the same attack and animation. Can we just act like it's meant to be SSS, instead of SS?Now activating Project: SPIDERS EVERYWHERE 05:05, November 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, question:
- Spiking Strike: In refbook, skewers with its Spikes. In anime, grows a pink Spike and skewers with it. In DDCB, rolls forward with somersault, then flying kicks the opponent. In DWDS, hand-stabs the opponent. In Masters, ???.
- Hell Squeeze/Hot Squeeze/Cyclone Squeeze: In DDCB, draws in energy, tilts its antenna foward (poss. Evil Antenna?), then the explodes past the opponent. In DWDS, surround the enemy with blades made from wind (i.e., summons a tornado). In Masters, uses quick kicks to attack the opponent.
- Spinning Spiking Strike: In anime, uses rapid kicks to attack, poss. creating blades of wind.
- Moon Shooter: In DDCB, fires both Spikes as projectiles. In DWDS, fires a projectile Spike.
- Multi-Moon Shooter: In DWDS, fires many projectile Spikes.
The anime's SSS matches DM's Hell Squeeze, but no other version of Hell Squeeze is remotely similar (although they use simplified graphics and don't match the anime, so there is that).
Also, I've checked everything up to "United We Stand", but my old documents say that SS and SSS are all that 02 Stingmon ever uses, so I'm calling it sourced for now -- I haven't checked too much of the Japanese stuff, but according to TMS only Spiking Finish is ever named, and it matches Spiking Strike for the episodes I've checked. I'm calling it sourced for now, although it might be prudent to check the rest of them later.Now activating Project: SPIDERS EVERYWHERE 06:36, November 14, 2013 (UTC)