| "Playing Games" |
(Kikenna Yūgi! Pinochimon)
"The Dangerous Game! Pinochimon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) January 9, 2000|
(En:) March 25, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Genki Yoshimura|
(En:) Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroki Shibata|
| Chief Anim.|
|View on Wikimon|
MetalSeadramon is defeated, and the group enter the nearby forest, where the next Dark Master, Puppetmon, has prepared a little game for the kids.
SynopsisWarGreymon escapes MetalSeadramon's grip when Whamon rams him. Whamon is then destroyed by MetalSeadramon, just before WarGreymon finishes him off by drilling through him. With the Dark Master destroyed, the ocean begins to reassemble itself, and the group decide what to do next. Tai is ready to move on, unaware that everybody else is coming to terms with the loss of some good Digimon allies. After a while, they head into the nearby forest, and into Puppetmon's territory. Shortly after entering Puppetmon's forest, Kari begins hearing a sound that apparently no one else can hear, though Tai just tells her to stay with the rest of the group. Puppetmon instantly begins dragging them to his mansion in the forest on a hidden conveyer belt, so the group hide in the trees. However, he splits them up using identical figurines on a special map. After he's done messing around with them, he approaches T.K. and Matt, who are without their Digimon. T.K. agrees to 'play' with Puppetmon so that Matt is spared, and after a game of hide-and-seek in Puppetmon's mansion, T.K. manages to trick him so he can explore his mansion a bit more. Meanwhile, Kiwimon, one of Puppetmon's servants, is holding up the others from rescuing T.K., but he is easily beaten by Sora's Digimon causing Matt to turn on Sora because T.K could have been found with Kiwimon. T.K. finds Puppetmon's map of the forest and a remote control for the conveyer belts, amongst other things, and he destroys it all. He then escapes the mansion and finds the others. When T.K was being praised by Tai and the others, Matt changes his expression, from relieved to sad, and leaves the group without any explanation. When Puppetmon sees that some of his toys, the ones used to control the DigiDestined, are destroyed, he vows he'll get revenge on T.K.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
Note: English dub appearances differ from original. See dubbing changes.
| Champion, |
| Ancient Bird|
| Special Move|
|Tentomon: "Oh no, it's Kiwimon: an ancient Digimon that was said to be extinct; although he's a bird-type Digimon, his wings have degenerated so he can't fly!"|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Note: English dub differs from original. See dubbing changes.
"Next time you decide you want to rule the waters, do everybody a favor and take a bubble bath instead!"
- —Kabuterimon as MetalSeadramon dies.
"Tag, I'm it. MetalSeadramon out. Puppetmon...in."
- —Puppetmon volunteers to play.
"We miss our friends who have fought alongside of us! Not everyone has ice running through their veins like you do!"
- —Matt venting his anger at Tai's insensitive attitude.
"I just know they're all thinking about me. That's why no one's talking."
- —Joe being paranoid again after Matt's little hissy-fit at Tai.
"If these kids take any longer to get here, I will develop wood rot!"
- —Puppetmon is a bit impatient.
Matt: "I think it's over."
T.K.: "But now we're separated from everyone else."
Matt: "Don't worry. We'll be alright without the others, especially Tai."
Matt: "Just stick close to me, and I'll protect you, no matter what happens."
T.K.: "Listen, Matt. The only reason we got this far is because we worked as a team. Each one of us has played a part along the way in keeping us together including Tai"
Matt: "But I..."
T.K.: "And I don't need you to protect me all the time either. If you haven't noticed, I've grown up a lot. I've fought alongside you guys since the beginning and I've always held my own."
Matt: "T.K., that's not what I meant. What I -- what I wanted to say was..."
Matt: [I'm pushing everyone away.]
- —Matt's overprotectiveness towards T.K. is tearing their relationship apart.
Kari: "Joe, what's wrong?"
Joe: "My stomach!"
Kari: "What's wrong, does it hurt?"
Joe: "No, I'm just doing this 'cause it's fun!"
- —Voodoo makes Joe get sarcastic.
Matt: "T.K., are you all right?"
T.K.: "I guess so. But I felt like something was tickling me and I couldn't stop laughing. I wonder if there's something wrong with me."
Matt: "Are you sure you're not hurt?"
T.K.: "Hey! Stop being so worried about me! I told you before that I know how to take care of myself!"
- —T.K. vents his frustration with Matt's overprotective attitude.
Matt: "No! First we find T.K., then we'll fight your war!"
Gabumon: "Right, Matt. Gabumon warp digivolve to... Huh?"
Matt: "It won't glow!"
Gabumon: What's going on Matt? How come I can't digivolve?"
- —Matt and Gabumon are shocked when their Friendship fails them.
"I don't get it. He and Gabumon were there a second ago. They've vanished! Here we go again!"
- —Joe does not want a repeat of what just happened with the voodoo dolls, but Matt and Gabumon are nowhere in sight.
- In the English dub, Tentomon calls out his Super Shocker attack as "Electro Shocker", which is actually Kabuterimon's attack.
- When Mimi makes the graves, she makes them for Wizardmon, Piximon, Chuumon and Whamon but not for Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon who were the first Digimons to die for the DigiDestined's causes. This is possibly because Matt, T.K, Patamon and Gabumon did not say anything about Gotsumon and Pumpkinmon to the others, or because in the English dub they were not technically dead.
- After WarGreymon defeats MetalSeadramon with his Great Tornado attack, WarGreymon's chin is a notably lighter shade of gray.
- Before reverting to Koromon, the metallic section of WarGreymon's right Dramon Destroyer is the same color as his skin.
- When Mimi and Palmon are making the last of the graves, the strap of Mimi's bag and the top of her dress switch colors when she is placing the last cross.
- When Mimi points at Chuumon's grave during the same scene, the strap of her bag is the same color as her dress.
- In some shots at the beach, the outlines of Matt's eyes are seen through his hair.
- In a repeated shot of Mimi and the graves she made, the cross on the grave in front of her has disappeared.
- Just before the group leaves the beach, Joe has the same yellow wristband on his left arm as on his right arm.
- In an above shot of the group on the moving track in the forest, Tai and Koromon are missing.
- When the group is first shown hiding in the tree, there are several minor errors in the shot—Tai, Joe and T.K.'s shoes are miscolored, the white circle on Izzy's laptop bag is green, part of Tentomon's body is red where it should be green, the purple marking surrounding Gomamon's mane is orange-red, and Gabumon's toenails are violet instead of white.
- During a close-up shot of Tai in the trees, the yellow undersleeve on the left of his shirt is missing.
- When Matt and T.K. are the only children left in the tree, one of Gabumon's toenails is again colored violet instead of white.
- As Joe falls in the mud after being hit by Puppetmon's slingshot, the pattern on the soles of his shoes has been drawn differently.
- When Matt speaks to Kiwimon, the strap of Mimi's bag is the same color as her dress.
- When Puppetmon notices T.K. is gone, the black sections on his eyes are white.
- When the group is protected by Birdramon's wing, the black band on Tai's left arm is missing.
- When everybody is shown running to greet T.K., Gomamon's mane is white.
- As T.K. talks to the group after his ordeal, Gomamon has an outline of his head going through his mane.
- When everyone turns to see where Matt's gone, Palmon's fingers are shown completely purple.
- In the shot when everyone jumps off the first conveyor belt, they all appear to be stationary while the conveyor belt is moving beneath their feet just before they jump.
- In the original version, MetalSeadramon is defeated at the end of the previous episode, whilst in the English dub, the scene of his death, plus Whamon's sacrifice, is moved to the beginning of this episode. Therefore, MetalSeadramon, Whamon, WarGreymon, Kabuterimon, Machinedramon and Piedmon aren't featured in the original version.
- In the English dub, WarGreymon calls out his Great Tornado attack as "Terra Force" which is the name for one of his other attacks (this occurs a few times throughout the English dub).
- Puppetmon's Hide and Seek game originally involves the use of guns which he and T.K. would use to shoot each other. This is all edited out of the English dub for obvious reasons. Specific moments that are edited out include:
- Puppetmon handing T.K. a gun, which misfires after T.K. drops it.
- T.K. being viewed through the barrel of Puppetmon's gun, before Puppetmon pretends to fire.
- Puppetmon shooting Mushroomon and Blossomon (out of annoyance), killing them, which explains why they're no longer seen after talking to Puppetmon, or in later episodes.
- T.K. dodging bullets fired towards his feet, followed by Puppetmon having to reload his gun (this second moment was still included, though he's scratching his leg instead, which he says is made of poison oak).
- In the original version, Deramon tends to end his sentences with "dearu".
- Puppetmon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.