| "No Questions, Please" |
"Break Through! AtlurKabuterimon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) August 22, 1999|
(En:) November 6, 1999
|Written by|| (Ja:) Yoshio Urasawa|
(En:) Rebecca Forstadt, Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Tetsuo Imazawa|
| Chief Anim.|
Izzy falls victim to Vademon, a Digimon who preys on curiousity, and becomes lost, both physically and mentally, in another dimension.
SynopsisIzzy and Tentomon, on a rocky path, on a journey to find Gennai, find themselves surrounded by signs warning them to turn back (as a trap set by DemiDevimon to get Izzy's tag and crest for his master, Myotismon). The ground crumbles from underneath them, sending them into darkness. As he falls, Izzy hears a voice which accuses him of being greedy when it comes to knowledge, and demands that he give up his curiosity. (In the original Japanese, the voice demanded Koushiro's "inner heart".) With no other options, Izzy gives in. Moments later, he and Tentomon are floating through endless space, and the mystery voice reveals itself as the Big-brained Digimon, Vademon, telling Izzy to forget everything. Tentomon's attempts to bring back the old Izzy fail as Izzy pushes him away. Meanwhile, DemiDevimon offers a piece of his curiousity to Vademon in exchange for Izzy's crest. Back in endless space, Tentomon has de-digivolved to his weakest form, Pabumon, and catches Izzy's attention. Pabumon reminds Izzy of the times they've had together, and Izzy snaps out of his dozy behavior. They then find their way into Vademon's store room where Izzy's curiosity is held, but not before Vademon discovers them and chases them back into his 'endless space' dimension, where a battle begins and Pabumon digivolves up to the ultimate MegaKabuterimon. He destroys Vademon's dimension, and carries Izzy out of an enormous explosion back outside, where Matt, Tsunomon, T.K., and Patamon are waiting for them.
Meanwhile, Myotismon punishes DemiDevimon for his failure by making him stay up in a tree.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Tentomon: "I like that about you, Izzy. You have a never ending thirst for information. It's amazing your brain doesn't explode with all that knowledge."
Izzy: "There are lot more things I can learn."
Tentomon: "How much room do you have up in your brain?"
Izzy: "As much as I need."
- — Tentomon is fascinated with Izzy's intelligence
Tentomon: "Look, Izzy, it's a sign!"
Izzy: "From above?"
Tentomon: "No, here on the ground."
- —Izzy and Tentomon find one of the signs that DemiDevimon left for them.
Izzy: "It says 'Beware of Falling Sludge'."
Tentomon: "Uh-oh, this could get real ugly."
"Yuck! Please tell me this was just a dream!"
Izzy: "Bottomless sludge pit, not a very pleasant experience."
Tentomon: "Ahh! I feel like I've been flushed! I hope i never see another sign again as long as i live!"
Izzy: "Attack Sludge? Impossible!"
Tentomon: "How humiliating! Being attacked by an attack sludge!"
- — Izzy's and Tentomon's misfortune with the signs
"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
- —Izzy in response to Vademon's taunting accusations.
"Vademon: curiosity salesman extraordinaire! A penny for your thoughts, a nickel for your fears!"
- —As strange a business Vademon has, he does come prepared.
"Have you gone bananas?!"
- —Tentomon can't believe Izzy would just throw away his tag and crest.
"Have you forgotten who I am already, Izzy? Have you forgotten who you are? Try to remember, try!"
- —A crying Pabumon tries to snap Izzy out of his trance.
"Come back in my heart. Come back in my heart."
- —Izzy, recovering his curiosity.
DemiDevimon: "Hehe. A funny thing happened to me on the way to Vademon's..."
Myotismon: "Prepare to face the consequences."
DemiDevimon: "I hate this part!"
- —DemiDevimon fails Myotismon yet again.
- When Izzy speaks to Tai (in the real world) on his laptop, the things that are said don't match what's said in the earlier episode, Home Away From Home, which features the same scene, except from Tai's point-of-view. This error is only present in the English dub.
- When Izzy speaks to Tai on his laptop, Tentomon is holding the laptop. After he done, Izzy simply floats away from Tentomon, who is still holding the laptop. But in the next scene, Izzy has his laptop on his backpack. In the very next scene, Tentomon is seen holding the laptop again.
- Tentomon is partially miscolored at several points in this episode:
- At the very beginning of the episode, his thighs are colored red instead of green.
- When Tentomon views the first sign posted by DemiDevimon, the grey part on his thighs is green.
- When imagining the falling sludge, the bottom of Tentomon's feet are black where they should be red.
- When Izzy and Tentomon are floating in the pit, Tentomon's right upper arm is red instead of green.
- Soon after entering Vademon's universe, the black markings between Tentomon's eyes are gray.
- When Izzy is throwing his possessions away, Tentomon's right thigh is red instead green.
- Originally, Vademon suggests that Izzy's curiosity will send him to Hell. Though, he vaguely hints at this in the English dub, saying instead that it will put him in "a very unpleasant place".
- DemiDevimon originally offered Vademon some of his guano, not his curiosity, as is stated in the English dub.
- DemiDevimon's excuse to Myotismon near the end of the episode is loosely based off the title of the Broadway musical A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.
- MegaKabuterimon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- Vademon is the last Digimon to be analysed using the original Digimon Analyser theme.