ModokiBetamon is an Amphibian Digimon. Although it looks identical to Betamon, it is a rare species with a very small population. With its calm personality, it inhabits quiet swampland, and skilfully controls water currents. This yellow-green soldier lies in wait to ambush the enemy with its water pillars.
- Electric Shock (電光ビリリン Denkou Biririn?, lit. "Lightning Shock"): Generates more than 1 MV of electric current to strike the opponent.
- Blade Fin: Generates a shock wave from the crest on its head.
- Aqua Tower: Unleashes a tiny waterspout.
- Water Gun Knife
- Fin Blade
ModokiBetamon's design is derived from the Dimetrodon (Dimetrodon grandis).
- ModokiBetamon (モドキベタモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used in Japanese media.
- (Ja:) Modoki (擬き? lit. "pseudo-").
- Beta. Possibly short for betabeta (ベタベタ?) which means sticky, betanko (ベタンコ?) which means squashed, or Β, the second Greek letter.
ModokiBetamon appears in Native Forest as a wild Digimon, and will attack if the protagonist gets too close. It also appears in Mangrove Forest after Betamon is recruited. ModokiBetamon can drop Small Recovery, and its techniques are Static Elect, Electric Cloud, Water Blit, and Aqua Magic.
Digimon World 2
ModokiBetamon can be obtained with a GameShark cheat code.
Digimon World 3
ModokiBetamon is only available as a Black Rookie Card with 1/2.
Digimon Digital Card Battle
The ModokiBetamon card is #171 and is a Rookie level Rare-type card with 550 HP, and worth 20 DP in the DP Slot. Its attacks are:
- "Electric Shock": inflicts 120 damage.
- "Blade Fin": inflicts 280 damage.
- "Aqua Tower": inflicts 190 damage, and sets the opponent's attack to 0.
Its support effect is "Opponent's HP become same as own. Own Attack Power becomes 0."