|Airdate||(Ja:) February 25, 2017|
(En:) February 24, 2017 (subbed)
February 1, 2018 (dubbed)
|View on Wikimon|
The DigiDestined struggle to help their partners regain their memories of them.
As the DigiDestined try to reestablish their friendship with their rebooted Digimon partners, they briefly come across Meicoomon, who has retained her memories of Meiko despite the reboot. While the others seem to get along well with their partners, who evolve back into rookie form, Sora has trouble reconnecting with Biyomon, who appears hostile towards her. Later that night, as Tai and Matt try to help Sora with her worries, they are suddenly attacked by Machinedramon, whose attack spreads the DigiDestined and Digimon across the Digital World. Meanwhile, Nishijima looks into the whereabouts of Himekawa's secret files and remembers how she wanted to reboot the Digital World to revive her own deceased partner Digimon who was unable to recompose into a Digi-Egg after death. He is then approached by a Digimon named Hackmon who relays a message from Homeostasis warning him about King Drasil who has gotten its hands on Gennai and targets Meicoomon for something known as "Libra".
Sora and Biyomon end up in the desert, where they come across Meiko, who came to the Digital World to search for Meicoomon. When Meicoomon attacks them out of fear of abandonment, Meiko manages to stand up and calm her down. Just then, they are attacked by Dark Gennai who had disguised himself as Ken, who attempts to capture Meicoomon and Sora's Digivice. As the other DigiDestined all come to their aid, the Mysterious Man shows his true form and reveals that the reboot was all part of King Drasil's plan to create a new world order submission both world in one rule. Where humans and Digimon no longer interact with each other and the enslavement of both world into isolation for the cabal system. In order do so, he requiring DigiDestined soul alongside with their Digimon partner. Afterwards, He sends Machinedramon and MetalSeadramon after them. Elsewhere, Himekawa finds her partner Digimon, Tapirmon, but is shocked when he doesn't remember her. As Tai, Matt and Kari manage to strengthen their bonds enough to digivolve their partners and defeat MetalSeadramon, Sora risks her life to protect Biyomon from Machinedramon, digivolving her into her Mega form, Phoenixmon, who defeats Machinedramon alongside Seraphimon and HerculesKabuterimon. Meanwhile, Dark Gennai attacks Meiko, sending Meicoomon into a fury and he laughed for his enjoyment of her suffering.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
|Meicoomon||Meicoomon (Saltation)||5||Meicoomon||Meicrackmon Vicious Mode|
"Loss" was released on Saturday, February 25, 2017 in Japan. It was released on region-free DVD and Blu-ray in Japan on Tuesday, April 4, 2017. The dubbed version was given a one day theatrical release by Fathom Events on Thursday, February 1, 2018. The dubbed version was released on region-free DVD and Blu-ray from Shout! Factory on Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
- When Patamon sleeps, his legs are incorrectly colored the same color as orange.
- In the English version, they used AtlurKabuterimon during Kabuterimon digivolve to MegaKabuterimon again since Confession.
- Gennai is pronounced with a soft G (as it originally was during the first two seasons) despite it being pronounced with a hard G in Reunion (Original pronunciation in the Japanese version)
- Phoenixmon does not call out her Starlight Explosion attack during the battle with Machinedramon.
- Despite being credited, Melodee Spevack didn't voiced Birdramon and Garudamon and is replaced by an unknown actress who also voiced Phoenixmon too.
- After Machinedramon's attack, the kids wake up in places they were very familiar with:
- Joe wakes in the cavern where they found Takeru's Crest of Hope in The Prisoner of the Pyramid.
- Sora founds Meiko from the desert where they fought against Etemon in The Earthquake of Metalgreymon.
- Mimi and Tentomon found themselves from ShogunGekomon's castle where she was in Princess Karaoke.
- Yamato and Koushiro are found near the railways that Etemon used in many episodes. A train similar to what Agumon used in The Captive Digimon almost rams them.
- Takeru wakes up in Primary Village where he met Elecmon for the first time in DigiBaby Boom.
- At one point, Sora was smashed against an ice wall by Machinedramon. She survived without any lasting harm, despite the fact that humans are nowhere near as durable as Digimon are.