|Title||King of Beasts|
(百獣の王 Hyakujuu no Ou?)
(気高き勇者 Kedakaki Yuusha?)
|Type||(Ja:) Beast Man|
(En:) Animal, Beast Humanoid, Beastkin
|Voice actors||(Ja:) Hiroaki Hirata (Adventure/tri./Tamers/X-Evolution/Adventure:)|
(En:) Paul St. Peter (Adventure/tri./Tamers)
|Cards||(Ja:) St-72, St-448, Bo-3, Bo-617, Bo-1162, Bo-30t, Dα-033, Dα-440, DM-021, DM-072, DM02-019|
(En:) Bo-03, Bo-221, DT-44, DT-97, DM-082
Leomon is an Animal Digimon. It is called the "King of Beasts", as well as the "Noble Hero". While most Digimon are ferocious, it possesses a strong will and a heart of justice, and has defeated a great number of fiendish Digimon. Also, it is a rival to the "Digimon Hunter" Ogremon, who runs the whole gamut of destruction. Its tough flesh, tempered well by daily training, can endure any attack, and since it chokes the life out of the opponent with its quick attacks, Leomon can be said to be an outstanding Combat Species. It carries a sentient magical sword called "Beast Sword" (獅子王丸 Shishiou-maru?, lit. "Lion King") on its waist. Also, it is matchless friends with Garudamon, who possesses the same will. Cyclonemon's right eye was crushed by Leomon.
- Fist of the Beast King (獣王拳 Jūouken?, lit. "Beast-King Fist"): Chokes the life out of the opponent with its ultimate mystery, by launching an aura in the shape of a lion's head from its fist.
- Lion Sword (獅子王丸 Shishiou-maru?, lit. "Lion King"): Multiple attack with the Lion Sword.
- Jūga-maru (獣牙丸? lit. "Beast Fang")
- Smashing Kick (破砕蹴り Hasaigeri?, lit. "Crushing Kick"): A powerful heel attack.
- Hyakujūken (百獣拳? lit. "Hundred Beasts Fist"): Launches multiple "Fist of the Beast King".
- Shockwave (獣王破 Jūouha?, lit. "Beast King Destruction"): Attacks with a blast of energy from the hand.
- The King of Fists (獅子獣波斬 Shishi Jūhazan?, lit. "Lion Beast Wave Slash")
- Shin Jūouken (真獣王拳 lit. "True Beast-King Fist"?): Launches an aura in the shape of a lion's head from its other fist.
- 1 Design
- 2 Fiction
- 2.1 Digimon Adventure
- 2.2 Digimon Adventure 02
- 2.3 Digimon Adventure tri.
- 2.4 Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
- 2.5 Digimon Tamers
- 2.6 Digital Monster X-Evolution
- 2.7 Digimon World Data Squad
- 2.8 Digimon Fusion
- 2.9 Digimon Adventure:
- 2.10 Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01
- 2.11 Digimon World
- 2.12 Digimon World 2
- 2.13 Digimon World 3
- 2.14 Digimon World 4
- 2.15 Digimon Digital Card Battle
- 2.16 Digimon World Re:Digitize
- 2.17 Digimon World: Next Order
- 2.18 Digimon World DS
- 2.19 Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
- 2.20 Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
- 2.21 Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
- 2.22 Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
- 2.23 Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
- 2.24 Digimon World Championship
- 2.25 Digimon Battle
- 2.26 Digimon Masters
- 2.27 Digimon Heroes!
- 2.28 Digimon Soul Chaser
- 2.29 Digimon Links
- 2.30 Digimon ReArise
- 2.31 Digimon Encounters
- 2.32 Digimon New Century
- 3 Notes and references
Leomon is a muscular lion-man with orange fur, yellow mane, yellow fur on its legs and the tip of its tail, blue eyes, black nose and mouth, five fingers on its hands and feet, black claws, black ear tips, and scars on its arms, left foot, and the left side of its face. Its ears are on top of its head. It wears a golden earring on its left ear, a collar with with a blue gem in the middle and multiple red teeth around it, black pants with yellow cords forming multiple "X" on its side, a black belt with a square metallic buckle on its waist, three others on its left arm, another in its left hand, and another in the pantleg. It carries its sword in the back on its belt.
In 3082: Leomon RE, Leomon's ears are on the sides of its face rather than on top.
- Leomon (レオモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used in the franchise.
- Lion (Panthera leo).
Digimon Adventure 02
A Leomon is among the Digimon during the final battle against MaloMyotismon.
Digimon Adventure tri.
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
A Leomon is partnered to a DigiDestined. When it and its friends were in the City three Eosmon (Ultimate) suddenly jump out of the nearby DigiDestined's phones and attack them in the hopes stealing their consciousnesses so that they could take them to the Never World where they would live inside their partner's memories forever. Leomon, and its friends Vegiemon and Tyrannomon, fight back however having digivolved from Gazimon, Floramon, and Chuumon and they manage to survive long enough to not get kidnapped, the Eosmon turning into data after the main one is defeated in the Never World. Another Gazimon's partner's consciousness was successfully taken to the Never World by an Eosmon.
Digital Monster X-Evolution
A Leomon chases Dorumon on a rainy night, and corners him near a mountain. The two fight, with Leomon gaining the upper hand. As Leomon is about to finish Dorumon, he hits his sword in the ground, and asks if the Animal wants to live. Coming to the conclusion he wouldn't live long even if he took Dorumon's X-Antibody, Leomon asks Dorumon to go on living in his place in this new world, and dies. Dorumon remembers Leomon's request when MetalGarurumon X takes Omnimon's "Grey Sword" attack to protect him and Tokomon, and later as a DoruGreymon when Omnimon is about to kill him.
Digimon World Data Squad
Leomon is a digivolution in Gaomon's galaxy once the following requirements have been met:
- Unlocked Gabumon.
- Defeated 20 Champion Digimon.
- Received 3000 damage.
- Used Guard 10 times.
Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01
Leomon appears in Gear Savannah and saves Patamon from a Goburimon. It then stands in Gear Savanna Training. It seems to be looking for something. After Mameo get at least 45 prosperity points, Drimogemon in the Drill Tunnel's 3rd floor will finally unlock a secret path to the Leomon Temple. Leomon's ancestors' tablet, a SaberLeomon, is found here, and once Mameo gives it to Leomon, Leomon will join the city and joins Birdramon in its transportation service.
Leomon digivolves from Patamon and Elecmon, and can digivolves into Andromon and Mamemon. If the waste gauge hits maximum, it will digivolve to Sukamon. If it reaches 240 hours of life without digivolving to the Ultimate level, it has a 50% chance of digivolving to Vademon when praised or scolded. At 360 hours, it will digivolve to Vademon regardless.
Digimon World 2
Leomon is one of the first Digimon the player encounters, as he is present in the first mission of the game. You can also capture and train a Leomon. Leomon digivolves from ToyAgumon, and can further digivolve to Panjyamon (IceLeomon).
Digimon World 3
Leomon runs the Training Gym next to Asuka City.
The Leomon card is a Green Champion Card with 16/18.
Digimon World 4
Chief Leomon is kidnapped before the start of the game, and the players are assigned to rescue him as their first mission.
Digimon Digital Card Battle
The Leomon card is #085 and is a Champion level Nature-type card with 890 HP, needing 40 DP to digivolve into, and worth 20 DP in the DP Slot. Its attacks are:
- "Beast King's Fist": inflicts 430 damage.
- "Lion Sword": inflicts 280 damage.
- "Smashing Kick": inflicts 100 damage.
Its support effect is "If own level is lower, boost own Attack Power +500."
A real Leomon resides on Desert Island, and judging by his white eyes and initially evil personality, is under someone's control, possibly the Devimon that also resides on Desert Island.
Digimon World Re:Digitize
Digimon World Re:Digitize: Decode
Digimon World: Next Order
Leomon is a Hand-To-Hand Vaccine type, Champion level Digimon. It digivolves from Renamon, Gaomon, and Hackmon and can digivolve into IceLeomon, GrapLeomon, and Rapidmon. If the poop gauge hits max, it will digivolve into PlatinumSukamon.
Digimon World DS
There is a Leomon running an arena in Digicentral.
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
Leomon is #100, and is a Champion-level, Balance-class, Beast-species Digimon with a resistance to the Earth element and weakness to the Fire element. Its basic stats are 168 HP, 183 MP, 118 Attack, 78 Defense, 85 Spirit, 75 Speed, and 40 Aptitude. It possesses the Psychic 3 and Critical 2 traits.
It dwells in the Resistor Jungle.
Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
Leomon is #076, and is a Champion-level, Tank-class, Beast-species Digimon with a resistance to the Earth element and a weakness to the Water element. It possesses the Paralysis Guard and Saving Skill traits, and has the special skill Rock Split.
It dwells in the Resistor Jungle. When defeated, it can drop the debug plate for Leomon.
Leomon digivolves from Gaomon and can digivolve into GrapLeomon. In order to digivolve or degenerate into Leomon, your Digimon must be at least level 24 with 80 Defense, but only if you have revived Leomon.
It can be hatched from the Fang Striped Egg.
Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
Leomon (Spade) DigiFuses from Gaomon, Coronamon, and Goblimon, whilst Leomon (Heart) DigiFuses from Terriermon, Salamon, and Goblimon. Leomon can DigiFuse to WereGarurumon with Garurumon, to GrapLeomon with Gargomon and Guardromon, to SaberLeomon with GrapLeomon and Zudomon, to Spadamon with Pandamon and Chirinmon, and to Flaremon with Firamon and Strikedramon.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Leomon is an Earth Vaccine Type, Champion level Digimon and uses 8 memory. It digivolves from Elecmon, Gaomon, and Gazimon, and can digivolve to Meteormon, GrapLeomon, Panjyamon, and MetalGreymon. Its special attack is Fist of the Beast King and its support skill is Animal Colosseum which increases damage from Earth Attacks by 15%.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
Leomon is #137 and is an Earth Vaccine Type, Champion level Digimon and uses 8 memory. It digivolves from Elecmon, Gaomon, Gazimon, and Arcadiamon (Rookie), and can digivolve to Meteormon, GrapLeomon, Panjyamon, MetalGreymon, and Grademon. Its special attack is Fist of the Beast King and its support skill is Animal Colosseum which increases damage from Earth Attacks by 15%.
Digimon World Championship
Digimon Soul Chaser
Leomon is a Champion and Earth Digimon with standard 385 HP, ATK 756, DEF 660, S-ATK 567, S-DEF 567, SPD 90 stats and maximum level of 30, it is obtainable in "Rare Capture", and "Release Anniversary Megafest Capture". Its signature skill is Fist of the Beast King.
Digimon New Century
Notes and references
- 2000 Bandai D-Terminal English toy
- Digimon Battle
- Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna [M18]
- Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01, "Potential for the Future!" 
- St-673: 60% Winning Percentage!
- Digimon Fusion, "Fall of the Final Code Crown" 
- Serbian dub
- Digimon Encounters
- Digimon Soul Chaser
- Digital Monster Ver.4: Leomon
- This attack is named "Beast King's Fist" in Digimon World 2 and Digimon Digital Card Battle, and "Lion Fist" in Digimon World Data Squad.
- This attack is named "Beast Sword" on Bo-03, and Digimon Battle, "Lion Strike" in Digimon World Data Squad, and "Shishiomaru" in Digimon World Dawn and Dusk.
- This attack actually belongs to Leomon X but is mistakenly listed as Leomon's on Dα-033.
- This attack is named "Heel Kick" in Digimon World Data Squad.
- The name is a pun, as "Hyakujū" (百獣?) means "all kind of beasts", and the attack consists of releasing multiple auras.