| "Kyoto Dragon" |
(Kyodai Kyūkyoku Qinglongmon)
"Gigantic Ultimate, Qinglongmon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) December 17, 2000|
(En:) March 17, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Genki Yoshimura|
(En:) Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Atsutoshi Umezawa|
| Chief Anim.|
|View on Wikimon|
The DigiDestined make a last stand to protect the Destiny Stone that is cut short by Azulongmon, a wise and powerful Digimon, who arrives to put an end to BlackWarGreymon's insane mission.
Protecting the Destiny Stone, the Digi-Destined battle the goons, aided by Tapirmon and Digitamamon, who keep Arukenimon and Mummymon busy and off the Digi-Destined's backs. But BlackWarGreymon breaks through the protection, almost destroying the last stone, despite having been severely injured from the combined attacks of Paildramon, Silphymon, and Shakkoumon! Then, when the Digi-Destined attempt to move the final Destiny Stone with their D-3s, the dragon seen in the sky previously when the other Destiny Stones were destroyed arises. He is known as Azulongmon, the guardian of the eastern hemisphere of the Digi-World and guardian of the spheres of Light and Hope.
He tells BlackWarGreymon that he has a destiny and that is not to destroy those below him, even showing how he is no match for BlackWarGreymon when the Mega tries to attack the Harmonious One, but is easily subdued. Following some more convincing from the Harmonious One, BlackWarGreymon then leaves. Azulongmon then turns to the kids and explains to them that the Control Spires sealed his power and how Armor Digivolving came about, along with the events with the Dark Masters that originally imprisoned him and his fellow Harmonious Ones. He also mentioned Light and Hope are the strongest elements in this battle against darkness. He then leaves, leaving the DigiDestined to try to interpret what he said.
Back in the real world, Davis thinks he's hallucinating when he says he saw a Control Spire there!
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
BlackWarGreymon: "You're standing between me and the last Destiny Stone. Now get out of my way."
Silphymon: "Who's gonna make us?"
BlackWarGreymon: "Move or else!"
Paildramon: "We choose 'else!'"
- —The DigiDestined aren't afraid of BlackWarGreymon...
Paildramon: "Don't take another step or else!"
BlackWarGreymon: "I choose 'or else.'"
- —...but BlackWarGreymon isn't afraid of them either.
Azulongmon: "BlackWarGreymon, you ask more questions than Cody does! No one can answer it but you. You see, every life has a purpose; a reason. The circumstances surrounding its birth don't matter."
BlackWarGreymon: "You're saying my life has a meaning, too?"
Azulongmon: "Precisely! But it is up to you to find out what that meaning is."
- —Azulongmon finally gives BlackWarGreymon the answer to the question that has been plaguing him.
"Yes, Izzy is very intelligent. In fact, without that intelligence he'd be- Well, he'd be Tai."
- —Ow! low blow, Azulongmon!
"Hey T.K., those were our crests!"
- —Does everything have to be about you, Kari?
T.K.: "Where there's light, there's always darkness."
Kari: "T.K's right, and the brighter the light is, the deeper the darkness."
- —T.K. and Kari give the others a crash course in dualism.
- When the new DigiDestined are shown holding their D-3s up to the Destiny Stone, each D-3 is shown in a single color.
- Azulongmon makes reference to the events of the previous series, Digimon Adventure, particularly those involving the Dark Masters.
- The flashback showing the original DigiDestined giving up their crests was previously shown in the episode Fusion Confusion.
- In the English dub, after Shakkoumon absorbs BlackWarGreymon's Terra Destroyer, T.K. refers to it as "Terra Force", which is WarGreymon's attack (though almost identical to Terra Destroyer).
- The English dub title may well be a variation on "Komodo dragon".
- Azulongmon says the famous movie line "You can't handle the truth" from A Few Good Men
- Azulongmon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.