|Voice actors||(Ja:) Kouki Miyata (Tamers)|
(En:) Joshua Seth (Tamers)
|Cards||(Ja:) St-951, Bo-40t, Dα-588|
Kumbhiramon is a Holy Beast Digimon. It is the "Rat" Deva, and serves the Digimon Sovereign Ebonwumon. As a follower of Ebonwumon, who boasts of its great wisdom, it is a sage who plays the part of the "challenger" in Ebonwumon's Zen Kōans. It is mostly able to predict the mindset of anyone but Ebonwumon, and has a habit of bewildering the opponent by announcing their next move. Though it uses sarcasm with an acrimonious tone, it charmingly ends all of its sentences with "~chū". As it's not very strong, it's not suited for flinging itself at the opponent, but by means of its powerful abilities of telekinesis, it freely operates a giant steel pestle as big as its own body, the Bǎo Chǔ (宝杵? lit. "Treasure Pestle"). Kumbhiramon is the only Deva able to counter Pajiramon's "Vahnijvala", through the power of its thoughts.
- Krimisa (Krimíśa): Splits itself into six bodies which it positions in a hexagram barrier, sealing the opponent inside, then smashes them with the Bǎo Chǔ, deleting them completely.
- Deva Clone (Rokubunshin (六分身? lit. "Six Clones")): Splits itself into six bodies, then tackles the opponent.
- Bǎo Chǔ (宝杵? lit. "Treasure Pestle")
Kumbhiramon is a white rat Digimon whose torso is encased in gold spherical armor with bonji on chest. It has three small horns, brown wings, a long tail, and long, thin legs with gold greaves and sabatons. It carries a giant, green pestle with gold tips on its back.
- Kumbhiramon (クンビラモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used in the franchise.
- Kumbhīra, member of the mythological Twelve Heavenly Generals.
Kumbhiramon is an obtainable Digimon.
Notes and references
- Internet Sacred Text Archive, retrieved 08/31/07; Vishnu Purana, Ch. VI: "He who practices magic rites for the harm of others, is punished in the hell called Krimíśa (that of insects)."