|Island of Misfit Boys |
(Sora ni Ukabu Machi! ToiAgumon no Omacha no Kuni)
"Town Floating in the Sky! Toy Country of ToyAgumon"
|(Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Sensation Animation
|Airdate||(Ja:) May 19, 2002|
(En:) October 21, 2002
|Written by||(En:) Seth Walther|
|View on Wikimon|
The group is separated after losing to Gigasmon, and Takuya, Koji, and Tommy land in a flying city called Toy Town.
From the destruction of KaratsukiNumemon Mountain, Takuya, Koji, and Tommy Himi fall onto a floating island filled with toys. Unknown to them, however, the island is being piloted by ShadowToyAgumon who want to go to the human world so they can bully children. They begin to explore the island, and Koji becomes annoyed when Tommy starts playing with the toys. Takuya, apparently not wanting Koji to think he is childish too, tells Tommy to stop playing and they continue on. Koji suggests that they go to the Forest Terminal to meet up with Zoe and J.P., but Tommy is distracted by toys again, and Koji becomes angry. His attitude angers Takuya, who scolds him for being so mean to a little kid. Tommy manages to get them to stop fighting, and they all board a toy train to cover more ground. The group flees from Monzaemon who believes they are playing, and Takuya offers Tommy a piggy-back ride. Koji gets into an argument over Takuya babying Tommy, but Tommy breaks up the fight, until they are spotted by a ShadowToyAgumon. He orders Monzaemon to kidnap them, but when he hesitates he is turned into WaruMonzaemon.
Zoe, J.P., Bokomon, and Neemon travel along a stream on a log, wondering how the others are doing. After another heated argument between Koji and Takuya, the group continues on until WaruMonzaemon kidnaps Tommy, using his special technique to incapacitate Takuya and Koji. When the older boys attempt to chase after, WaruMonzaemon uses his Heartbreak Attack and the boys both become too depressed to continue until after WaruMonzaemon has escaped. Takuya begins to worry over Tommy, and his comment that Takuya treats Tommy like a little brother softens Koji to him. A toy brings them to the ShadowToyAgumon's Lavender Castle, except they get the bridge taken out from out of them. Pandamon saves them and explains the situation, sending them on their way.
Takuya and Koji are ambushed by ShadowToyAgumon, who can merge into different states, but manage to defeat them with teamwork and revert them into ToyAgumon. They try to rescue Tommy, but it turns out that he is simply playing video games with the reverted Monzeamon, having realized that's all he really wanted him for. The repentant ToyAgumon fly the DigiDestined off the island. Meanwhile, the others just landed on the riverbank with no clue as to their location.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
|D-Tector: "The ShadowToyAgumon turned Monzaemon into WaruMonzaemon. His Heartbreak Attack will really bring you down."|
|D-Tector: "Evil hackers turned the ToyAgumon into ShadowToyAgumon. Their special attack is Plastic Blaze, but the pain it causes sure isn't fun and games."|
|Takuya Kanbara||2||Agunimon||5||Takuya Kanbara|
|Koji Minamoto||2||Lobomon||5||Koji Minamoto|
- When facing against the ShadowToyAgumon, Koji takes out his D-Tector and his spirit forms on-screen. But when it pulls back from the D-Tectors screen, Takuya is shown digivolving.
- When Takuya, Koji, Tommy and Monzaemon see Pandamon and the purified ToyAgumon outside of the castle, Koji is wearing full-length pants instead of the normal capris.
- While fighting, Agunimon uses Pyro Punch but shouts out Pyro Tornado instead. This mistake is seen in several episodes.
- In the Latin American dub, the ToyAgumon are wrongly referred to as "ToyAgunimon".
- Toy Town shares a name and theme with the Toy Town in the Digimon Adventure episode, Togemon in Toy Town. Monzaemon falling under the influence of the ShadowToyAgumon and kidnapping Tommy (as WaruMonzaemon) also parallels his Adventure counterpart, who fell under the influence of a Black Gear and kidnapped most of the Digidestined sans Mimi and Palmon.
- At one point, Tommy holds a pig toy that looks very similar to Porkymon, the imaginary Digimon Takeru "T.K." Takaishi thought that Patamon would digivolve to in the Digimon Adventure episode, DigiBaby Boom.
- The title is a reference to "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys".
- Pandamon's voice is a reference to actor Adam West.