|"Invasion of the Daemon Corps" |
(Demon Gundan no Shūrai)
"Invasion of the Demon Corps"
|(Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate||(Ja:) February 4, 2001|
(En:) April 28, 2001
|Written by||(Ja:) Genki Yoshimura|
(En:) Michael Sorich
|Directed by||(Ja:) Atsutoshi Umezawa|
|View on Wikimon|
The DigiDestined's troubles are far from over, as the city comes under attack by a group of merciless Digimon known as the Daemon Corps, in search of the precious dark spore, that Ken possesses.
Returning home, the kids receive news of numerous disappearances of kids. Ken feels as though he knows something about it and starts to remember bits of his past. Daemon then appears in the real world and brings his soldiers MarineDevimon, LadyDevimon, and SkullSatamon with him, sending them out to start inflicting damage. MarineDevimon's assault is initiated with an attack on a cruise ship wedding, LadyDevimon attacks a tunnel, and SkullSatamon runs rampant in the streets.
Even Imperialdramon Dragon Mode isn't strong enough to defeat SkullSatamon, as the Ghost Digimon has the ability to freeze data and is way too fast for even the original Digi-Destined's Ultimate Digimon to attack before they revert to their Rookie forms and have to be returned to the Digital World. Before they return home, Agumon and the other Chosen Digimon gave their power to Imperialdramon Dragon Mode to unfreeze him, and then he Mode Changes into Fighter Mode and defeats SkullSatamon after he threatened a school bus full of innocent children! However, since SkullSatamon was a real Digimon and not a construct made from a Control Spire, his death at the hands of Imperialdramon leaves Davis, Ken, Yolei, and Cody shaken from the experience, before Ken is abducted by Arukenimon and Mummymon, where he discovers they are in possession of the various kidnapped children and are commanded by Yukio Oikawa.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
|Veemon||1||DemiVeemon||10||Paildramon||14||Imperialdramon Dragon Mode||18||Imperialdramon Fighter Mode||28||Veemon|
|(w/ Wormmon)||+ Wormmon|
|Wormmon||10||Paildramon||(14)||Imperialdramon Dragon Mode||(18)||Imperialdramon Fighter Mode||28||Wormmon|
|(w/ DemiVeemon)||+ Veemon|
Tai: "So what are you gonna do?"
Kari: "I don't know."
Tai: "Do any of the new kids know what you're up against?"
Kari: "I don't think so."
Tai: "You may have broken some Dark Rings, a couple of Dark Spirals, but your group has got to be prepared for what you know is coming next."
Kari: "Well we've destroyed Control Spire Digimon. How 'bout that?"
Agumon: "I know they looked like real Digimon, and fought like 'em too, but they weren't real. They don't have hearts, ya know."
Tai: "Agumon's right. Can these new guys make the tough decisions we made?"
Kari: "We're just kids, Tai."
Tai: "You're not just kids, you're DigiDestined."
Kari: "I know."
Tai: "Soon, you'll have to fight real Digimon, and you're gonna have to win, or innocent people will be hurt."
Gatomon: "Arukenimon and Mummymon are still on the prowl here in the real world."
Tai: "And your group has gotta be ready. The whole world is counting on you."
- —Tai makes sure that his little sister is ready for what's coming.
Angewomon: "Aquilamon, I..."
LadyDevimon: "Hold on. You'd better stay out of it, Blondie."
Angewomon: "Try to stop me, you witch!"
LadyDevimon: "As you wish."
Angewomon: "If you can!"
- —LadyDevimon and Angewomon get into another catfight.
Arukenimon: "Well, they're sure making a scene."
Mummymon: "My pet, when can we make a scene instead of just sitting here?"
Arukenimon: "Just relax. This could work out even better than we had planned."
- —The duo decide to take a break before making their entrance.
"You certainly have a lot of nerve to cross the powers of darkness."
- —Daemon is spoooooky.
"Daemon, I'm not trying to cross anyone. I'm just a woman who is driven to take care of business and that's no crime."
- —Even Arukenimon has a sense of humor.
- When T.K. is taking off his shoes and his mother is asking about the Digimon attacks, Patamon is sitting on his head, with his front paws on the upper rim of T.K.'s hat. When it switches to a close-up shot of T.K., the upper rim of the hat is visible, but Patamon is not.
- In the opening scene, the Japanese version has Davis suggest the team all rest up after their recent adventures, surprising everyone with his sensible, thoughtful remark. The dub changes this to him make a baffling non-sequitur remark that has nothing to do with anything anyone else is saying that we'll just quote wholesale here—"Well, I guess I'm due! Doctors say that on average the youth of today are underworked and overpaid, and you gotta admit I'm way above average!"—and everyone's reaction is changed to them gawping at his random stupidity.
- The slapping fight between Angewomon and LadyDevimon is removed from the English dub.
- In the Japanese version, when MegaKabuterimon (a.k.a. AtlurKabuterimon) gets struck by SkullSatamon, Izzy yells his name. In the English dub, he simply comments on SkullSatamon having "excited molecules".
- Ken's flashback mirrors the ending to the WonderSwan video game Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers, in which Millenniummon is defeated by a young Ken and Ryo Akiyama, one of the main characters of Digimon Tamers.
- The title of the episode is an allusion to the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
- Davis announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- Despite this being their second appearance in this series, MegaKabuterimon and Garudamon appear without their digivolving sequence. Also, MegaKabuterimon is never seen using his Horn Buster attack.