|"Home Again, Takuya Returns" |
(Waga Ya he! Takuya natta Hitori no Kikan)
"My Home! Takuya's Lonely Return"
|(Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Sensation Animation
|Airdate||(Ja:) September 8, 2002|
(En:) December 19, 2002
|Written by||(En:) Seth Walther|
|View on Wikimon|
A dispirited Takuya returns to Earth in the form of Flamemon, and upon discovering that it's the same day he left, he attempts to stop himself from taking the Trailmon.
The Dark Trailmon takes Takuya to the same terminal that he left from to reach the Digital World. En route, he suddenly evolves to Flamemon, and when he arrives in the Human World, Flamemon sees the misty image of Duskmon, which causes him to flee above ground, where he hides once he realizes no longer has a human appearance. He eventually wanders home, where he realizes that he has returned to the day that he left and decides to stop himself from getting on the train and return to his normal life.
For his own point of view, he relives the day he first went to the Digital World, hounded by Duskmon's spectral image all the while. Along the way, he catches sight of Koichi Kimura, who resembles Koji, and when the elevator in the train terminal locks him out, the boy takes the stairs but stumbles and falls.
Once he gets to the elevator, Flamemon initially attempts to prevent his past self from beginning his journey, but reconsiders when he remembers Koji's admonition to consider his effects on others. Realizing that deserting the fight would mean leaving his friends in danger, he regains the courage to fight and defeat the spectral Duskmon that had been haunting him. Newly resolute, Flamemon demands Dark Trailmon return him to the Digital World, despite the Digimon's warnings, and digivolves back to Agunimon as he re-enters the Digital World.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
"Oh, Koji. This time things'll be different. I know its not a game now. Hang on, I'm coming. I won't let you down. Any of you!"
- —Flamemon finally understands what Koji had tried to teach him.
"End of the line. Or maybe not. I think that's up to you. Good luck."
- —Dark Trailmon returns a newly resolute Agunimon to the Digital World.
"Alright, this is it. Everything starts now. I've got another chance and I'm not gonna blow it!"
- —Agunimon takes his lessons to heart.
- This episode has a thematic resemblance to Episode 21 of Adventure 01 "Home Away From Home" where for one episode the cast's main leader, in Adventure 01's instance Tai, returns to his hometown the same day he left for the Digital World - but of course in this episode there's less of a time paradox.
- When Koichi falls down the stairs, Koji gasps, an example of the fictional concept of "twin telepathy", in which identical twins are supposed to share each other's feelings or sense when the other is in pain.