| "Home Again, Takuya Returns" |
(Waga Ya he! Takuya natta Hitori no Kikan)
"My Home! Takuya's Lonely Return"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Sensation Animation
|Airdate|| (Ja:) September 8, 2002|
(En:) December 19, 2002
|Written by||(En:) Seth Walther|
|View on Wikimon|
A dispirited Takuya returns to Earth in the form of Flamemon, and upon discovering that it's the same day he left, he attempts to stop himself from taking the Trailmon.
The Dark Trailmon takes Takuya to the same terminal that he left from to reach the Digital World. En route, he suddenly evolves to Flamemon, and when he arrives in the Human World, Flamemon sees the misty image of Duskmon, which causes him to flee above ground, where he hides once he realizes no longer has a human appearance. He eventually wanders home, where he realizes that he has returned to the day that he left and decides to stop himself from getting on the train and return to his normal life.
For his own point of view, he relives the day he first went to the Digital World, hounded by Duskmon's spectral image all the while. Along the way, he catches sight of a boy who looks like Koji, and when the elevator in the train terminal locks him out, the boy takes the stairs but stumbles and falls.
Once at the base of the elevator, Flamemon attempts to stop himself when he suddenly has an image of Koji's words to him. He realizes that, if he ran away, his friends would be in danger, and this gives him the courage to defeat the Duskmon specter that has been haunting him. Flamemon demands that the Dark Trailmon take him back, but it is a one way trip. Flamemon doesn't care, and with his newfound strength, he digivolves to Agunimon and enters the Digital World once more.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
"Oh, Koji. This time things'll be different. I know its not a game now. Hang on, I'm coming. I won't let you down. Any of you!"
- —Flamemon finally understands what Koji had tried to teach him.
"End of the line. Or maybe not. I think that's up to you. Good luck."
- —Dark Trailmon returns a newly resolute Agunimon to the Digital World.
"Alright, this is it. Everything starts now. I've got another chance and I'm not gonna blow it!"
- —Agunimon takes his lessons to heart.
- This episode has a thematic resemblance to Episode 21 of Adventure 01 "Home Away From Home" where for one episode the cast's main leader, in Adventure 01's instance Tai, returns to his hometown the same day he left for the Digital World - but of course in this episode there's less of a time paradox.
- When Koichi falls down the stairs, Koji gasps, an example of the fictional concept of "twin telepathy", in which identical twins are supposed to share each other's feelings or sense when the other is in pain.