|Type||(Ja:) Sea Animal|
(En:) Sea Animal, Sea Beast
Joe Kido (Adventure:)
|Voice actors||(Ja:) Junko Takeuchi (Adventure/02/tri./Kizuna), Yuki Kaida (Frontier), Yukie Muraoka (Frontier, Island), Yukiko Hanioka (Frontier, Island)|
(En:) R. Martin Klein (Adventure/02/tri./Kizuna)
Gomamon is a Sea Animal Digimon. It has become able to move on land, and is covered in temperature-maintaining fur. The short, white fur that covers its body gets longer as it grows, and furthermore, it's said that it turns brown when it grows up. Its personality is a naughty-boy type that fiddles with everything it sees. The red fur growing along its back from the top of its head moves according to Gomamon's emotions, and when it gets angry, the fur bristles. Gomamon's claws are strong enough to easily break through solid ice, so you'll have a painful experience if you take it lightly.
- Fish Power (Marching Fishes): Commands its tiny fish followers.
- Claw Attack (するどいツメ Surudoi Tsume?, lit. "Sharp Claw")
- Sharp Sider (Sharp Edge)
- Big Wave Attack (Sufer Dive)
- Sufer Dive Combo
- Tail Slap
- Bubble Deflector (Bubble Barrier): Encases itself in bubble of water that can repel attacks and hurts foes.
- Sliding Seal
- Water Shot: Attacks with a bursting stream of water.
- Water Current Ball: Spits water from its mouth.
- Water Current Throw: Throws the opponent upwards with its forelegs and then blast them of spray of water from its mouth.
- Clawing Combo
- Giant Water Current: Hits the enemy with a wave of water.
- Aerial Clawing: Jumps up and slices at the enemy repeatedly while in mid-air.
- Gomamon Head-Butt: Launches itself at the enemy head-first.
- Aerial Claw Rush
- 1 Design
- 2 Fiction
- 2.1 Digimon Adventure
- 2.2 Digimon Adventure 02
- 2.3 Digimon Adventure 3D: Digimon Grandprix!
- 2.4 Digimon Adventure tri.
- 2.5 Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
- 2.6 Digimon Frontier
- 2.7 Digimon Data Squad
- 2.8 Digimon Fusion
- 2.9 Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (manga)
- 2.10 Digimon Adventure:
- 2.11 Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01
- 2.12 Digimon Digital Card Battle
- 2.13 Digimon World 2
- 2.14 Digimon World 3
- 2.15 Digimon World Re:Digitize
- 2.16 Digimon World: Next Order
- 2.17 Digimon World DS
- 2.18 Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
- 2.19 Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
- 2.20 Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
- 2.21 Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
- 2.22 Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
- 2.23 Digimon Rumble Arena 2
- 2.24 Digimon All-Star Rumble
- 2.25 Digimon Racing
- 2.26 Digimon World Championship
- 2.27 Digimon Battle
- 2.28 Digimon Masters
- 2.29 Digimon Heroes!
- 2.30 Digimon Soul Chaser
- 2.31 Digimon Links
- 2.32 Digimon ReArise
- 2.33 Digimon New Century
- 3 Notes and References
Gomamon is a white, furry sea lion (Zalophus californianus) with no nose and long ears, purple markings, an orange-red mane, large claws, a short tail like a Sea otter (Enhydra lutris), and a W-shaped smile with two pointed teeth popping out.
- Gomamon (ゴマモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used in the franchise.
Digimon Adventure (PSP game)
Digimon Adventure 02
Digimon Adventure 3D: Digimon Grandprix!
Digimon Adventure tri.
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
Digimon Adventure 20th Memorial Story
Digimon Data Squad
Digimon Savers 3D: The Digital World in Imminent Danger!
Gomamon is the subject of an episode's Digimon Data Collection.
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (manga)
Yujin Ozora has a Gomamon keychain on his smartphone.
Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01
Digimon Digital Card Battle
The Gomamon card is #061 and is a Rookie level Ice-type card with 700 HP, and worth 20 DP in the DP Slot. Its attacks are:
- "Marching Fishes": inflicts 300 damage.
- "Sharp Edge": inflicts 240 damage.
- "Big Wave Attack": inflicts 200 damage, and sets the opponent's attack to 0.
Its support effect is "Lower opponent's Attack Power to 0."
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
Gomamon runs the Pawn Shop in every city. He is also available as a Blue Rookie Card with 2/3.
Digimon World Re:Digitize
Gomamon digivolves from Budmon and Wanyamon and can digivolve to Gaogamon, Ikkakumon, and Leomon. If it fails to meet the requirements for any of these Champions, it will digivolve to Numemon, if the waste gauge fills to the maximum, it will digivolve to Sukamon.
Digimon World Re:Digitize: Decode
Gomamon digivolves from Wanyamon and Tsunomon and can digivolve to Ikkakumon, Seadramon, Gaogamon, Leomon, and ExVeemon. If it fails to meet the requirements for any of these Champions, it will digivolve to Numemon. If the waste gauge hits maximum, it will digivolve to Sukamon.
Digimon World: Next Order
A Gomamon in Frost Cathedral asks the Hero to get it MegaSeadramon's Fishy Picture as it really wanted it for its collection of Fishy Pictures. After the Hero gets the Fishy Picture from MegaSeadramon and gives it to Gomamon, Gomamon assumes they had to beat up MegaSeadramon and take it by force due to the terrible condition the picture was in. Depsite this, Gomamon was delighted, unaware that MegaSeamon didn't even want it and thought it was trash. Wanting to repay the Hero, Gomamon joins the City so it could be part of the Hero's Digimon recruitment collection. Gomamon joins the fishing district of the entertainment district and sells fishing lures.
Gomamon is an Ice Vaccine type, Rookie level Digimon. It digivolves from Bukamon and can digivolve into Ikkakumon, Seadramon, Icemon, and Sorcermon. If not meeting the requirements for any of those Champions before the age of 7, it will digivolve into Numemon if Attack is higher, or Geremon if Wisdom is higher. If the poop gauge hits max, it will digivolve into Sukamon.
Digimon World DS
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
Gomamon is #037 in Digimon World Dawn and Dusk, and is an HP-class Aquan species Digimon with a resistance to the Water element and a weakness to the Metal element. Its basic stats are 108 HP, 112 MP, 74 Attack, 66 Defense, 65 Spirit, 56 Speed, and 22 Aptitude. It possesses the Psychic 2 and Mist Cape 2 traits.
Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
Gomamon is #035, and is a Rookie-level, Balance-class, Beast-species Digimon with a resistance to the Earth and Water elements, and a weakness to the Fire element. It possesses the Confusion Protection and Sleep Protection traits, and has the special skill Dive.
It dwells in the Loop Swamp.
Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Gomamon is a Water Vaccine Type, Rookie level Digimon and uses 5 memory. It digivolves from Bukamon and can digivolve to Ankylomon, Ikkakumon, Socerimon, and Frigimon. Its special attack is Marching Fishes and its support skill is Deep Savers which increases damage from Water skills by 15%.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
Gomamon is #034 and is a Water Vaccine Type, Rookie level Digimon and uses 5 memory. It digivolves from Bukamon and can digivolve to Ankylomon, Ikkakumon, Socerimon, Frigimon, Icemon, and Strikedramon. Its special attack is Marching Fishes and its support skill is Deep Savers which increases damage from Water skills by 15%.
Digimon Rumble Arena 2
Digimon All-Star Rumble
Digimon World Championship
Gomamon is an obtainable Mercenary Digimon. It digivolves into Ikkakumon at LVL 11, Zudomon at LVL 25, and Vikemon at LVL 41. There is also a Gomamon that digivolves into Mojyamon at LVL 11, Piximon at LVL 25, and Jijimon at LV 41.
Gomamon can digivolve to Ikkakumon.
Digimon Soul Chaser
Digimon New Century
Notes and References
- Digimon Adventure, "And so it begins..." 
- Digimon Adventure, "Ikkakumon's Harpoon Torpedo" 
- Digimon World Re:Digitize
- Digimon Masters
- Digimon Encyclopedia: Voice Actors: Digimon Adventure/02 Character List
- This attack retains its original name of "Marching Fishes" in Digimon Adventure, Digimon Adventure 02[please confirm], Digimon World 2, Digimon Digital Card Battle, Digimon Rumble Arena 2, Digimon World Championship, Digimon Battle, Digimon All-Star Rumble, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory, Digimon World: Next Order, Digimon Links, and Digimon ReArise, and "Platoon Fishes" in the Digimon Data Collection segment of Digimon Fusion, "Monitamission Impossible!" .
- This attack retains its original name of "Sharp Edge" in Digimon Digital Card Battle.
- This attack retains its original name of "Surfer Dive" in Digimon All-Star Rumble.
- This attack retains its original name of "Bubble Barrier" in Digimon All-Star Rumble.