|Glean Eggs And Scram |
(Dejitama wo Mamore! Kieyuku Inochi no Kiseki)
"Protect the Digitama! The Disappearing Miracle of Life"
|(Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Sensation Animation
|Airdate||(Ja:) February 2, 2003|
(En:) May 16, 2003
|Written by||(En:) Steven Jay Blum|
|View on Wikimon|
The DigiDestined find their way to the Village of Beginnings, where all Digimon are born. While the warriors attempt to help the caretaker with the surplus of infants, the Knights make their way towards the village with ill intentions.
Still traveling, the gang come across the Village of Beginnings. While exploring, they are attacked by the caretaker, Swanmon. Once it's made clear that they wouldn't harm the babies, Swanmon shows them where the babies live, putting away a Pabumon who hatched while they were there. She explains that she is a bit overwhelmed by the number of babies she has to look after because the Trailmon who would normally deliver them are too frightened by the scanning and are hiding in their tunnel. They go and talk with the Trailmon, getting nowhere in the end. Coming back, they find that Swanmon has been attacked by Crusadermon and Dynasmon. Digivolving into EmperorGreymon and MagnaGarurumon, Takuya and Koji try and hold off Dynasmon and Crusadermon. But because of the babies around them, they refuse to fight back, only choosing to defend themselves. Seeing this, Koichi comes up with the idea of taking the babies and unhatched eggs to a safe place. While they are doing this, Zoe gets the idea to go talk to the Trailmon again. She goes and talks to them, this time winning them over and getting them to deliver the babies. Eventually, with the eggs safely on the trains, EmperorGreymon and MagnaGarurumon start to fight back but are eventually defeated, and Dynasmon releases his Breath of Wyvern. The babies of the Village refuse to give up, however, and combine their might to dispel Dynasmon's attack, prompting four eggs from inside one of the Trailmon start to glow and float outside. The spare Spirits inside their D-Tectors react with the eggs, turning the eggs into the human spirits of the other four Legendary Warriors: Ranamon, Mercurymon, Arbormon and Grumblemon. The kids spirit evolve into their own human spirits and, together, fight Crusadermon and Dynasmon until they think it safe to retreat, but not before the Knights scan the village, with all the babies safe on the Trailmon. The other four Legendary Warriors turn back into Digi-Eggs, and the spirits returning back to the D-Tectors they came from. The Trailmon go off to deliver the babies leaving the children to think about where they should go to protect the next fractal code.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
|Bokomon: "Swanmon; feathered, yet fierce. This Digimon's beauty is rivaled by her protective instincts. The feathers will definitely start flying if you try and mess with this momma."|
|Takuya Kanbara||2||EmperorGreymon||5||Takuya Kanbara||6||Agunimon||12||Takuya Kanbara|
|Koji Minamoto||2||MagnaGarurumon||4||Koji Minamoto||6||Lobomon||12||Koji Minamoto|
|Koichi Kimura||6||Loweemon||12||Koichi Kimura|
|Tommy Himi||6||Kumamon||12||Tommy Himi|
|Zoe Orimoto||6||Kazemon||12||Zoe Orimoto|
|J.P. Shibayama||6||Beetlemon||12||J.P. Shibayama|
"These are innocent little lives we're talking about! Not to mention that they're the future of the Digital World! Please! You have to help us or they will be destroyed! You're our only hope! Are you going to hide here and let them die!?"
- —Zoe, appealing to the Trailmons for help.
- Both Conomon and Zerimon can be seen without their tails, however this could be because they were shown in their cribs, as later on when the babies are sleeping, a Jyarimon has its wings poking through the sheets.
- In the original version, the Pagumon J.P. attempts to care for poops on his hand before jumping away. The poop was digitally removed from the scene, and the sound effect that would have at least implied this was cut.
- In the original version, during the scene where the Ten Legendary Warriors attack the Royal Knights, the Digimon Frontier ending theme an Endless tale is played in the background.
- The Village of Beginnings shares a name and theme with the Primary Village in Digimon Adventure. The DigiDestined's meeting Swanmon also parallels Takeru "T.K." Takaishi and Patamon's first meeting with her Adventure counterpart Elecmon, as both caretakers initially believe that the DigiDestined are harming the babies and attack them.
- The title is a play on the Theodor Seuss Geisel book Green Eggs and Ham, and a phrase meaning, "to take eggs and run."
- In the beginning of the dubbed episode, the Trailmon says "I think I can" which is a reference to the story "The Little Engine That Could".