Gatomon is an Animal Digimon. It has a very healthy curiosity, so it loves pranks. Although its body is small, it is a precious Holy-species Digimon, and its appearance does not match the true strength it possesses. It wears a Holy Ring on its tail, but if it is lost, its power is decreased and it can no longer exhibit its original power. In order to defend itself, it wears long claws copied from SaberLeomon's data. Even though Gatomon is not a descendant of an ancient species, it became able to Armor digivolve by awakening the special abilities that slept within its composition data.
- Lightning Paw (ネコパンチ Neko Punch?, lit. "Cat Punch"): Uses its long claws and attacks the opponent.
- Lightning Paw Rush
- Final Lightning Paw
- Cat's Eye Hypnotism (Cat's Eye): Manipulates the opponent with a piercing glare, causing the opponent to attack themselves.
- Lightning Kick (ネコキック Neko Kick?, lit. "Cat Kick")
- Cat Tail: Uses its cute tail to slap the enemy.
- Cat Laser: Emits an incredible beam of light.
- Cat Laser Combo
- Cat Claw Fury (ネコスクラッチ Neko Scratch?, lit. "Cat Scratch"): Uses its claws to dig through hard surfaces.
- Cat Trip (Tail Tip)
- Megakick (Mega Kick)
- Nekodamashi (猫だまし? lit. "Cat Trick")
- One-Two Neko Punch (ワンツー猫パンチ? lit. "One-Two Cat Rush")
- Neko Rush (猫ラッシュ? lit. "Cat Rush")
- Neko Finish (猫フィニッシュ? lit. "Cat Finish")
- Zutsuki (頭突き? lit. "Headbutt")
- Heaven Knuckle (Heaven's Knuckle): Punches with a holy iron fist.
- Scratch: Scratches the enemy.
- Cat Dropkick: Dropkicks the enemy.
- Spinning Cat Kick: A spinning kick with of its both feet.
- Cat Typing Kick: Repeatedly kicks the enemy while in the air.
- Side Cat Tail: Twirls, whipping the enemy with its tail.
- Power Cat Hammer: Hits the enemy with both paws.
- Power Cat Hammer Slam
- 1 Design
- 2 Development
- 3 Fiction
- 3.1 Digimon Adventure
- 3.2 Digimon Adventure 02
- 3.3 Digimon Adventure 3D: Digimon Grandprix!
- 3.4 Digimon Adventure tri.
- 3.5 Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
- 3.6 Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit Ver 1.5
- 3.7 Digimon Frontier
- 3.8 Digimon World Data Squad
- 3.9 Digimon Fusion
- 3.10 Digimon Adventure:
- 3.11 Digimon Next
- 3.12 Digimon Digital Card Battle
- 3.13 Digimon World 2
- 3.14 Digimon World 3
- 3.15 Digimon World Re:Digitize
- 3.16 Digimon World: Next Order
- 3.17 Digimon World DS
- 3.18 Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
- 3.19 Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
- 3.20 Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
- 3.21 Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
- 3.22 Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
- 3.23 Digimon Rumble Arena
- 3.24 Digimon Rumble Arena 2
- 3.25 Digimon All-Star Rumble
- 3.26 Digimon Racing
- 3.27 Digimon World Championship
- 3.28 Digimon Battle
- 3.29 Digimon Masters
- 3.30 Digimon Heroes!
- 3.31 Digimon Soul Chaser
- 3.32 Digimon Links
- 3.33 Digimon ReArise
- 3.34 Digimon New Century
- 4 Notes and references
Gatomon appears similar to a white Egyptian cat wearing large lime yellow and red striped gloves with black claws sticking out of them. Its ears are large with tufts of purple hair on the tips reminiscent of a caracal (Caracal caracal). Its tail has purple stripes with a tuft on the end and it wears a Holy Ring on it.
- Tailmon (テイルモン)
Official romanization in the Digimon Reference Book and used in Japanese and some American English media.
Name used in most American English and some Japanese media.
- Esp: Gato (lit. "Cat (Felis catus)").
Digimon Adventure (PSP game)
Digimon Adventure 02
Digimon Adventure 3D: Digimon Grandprix!
Digimon Adventure tri.
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
Digimon Adventure 20th Memorial Story
Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit Ver 1.5
Multiple Gatomon are seen at the Autumn Leaf Fair. During the first one, one accompanies a Wizardmon as a homage to the Digimon Adventure Gatomon and her late friend. Some are also seen during the return there.
Digimon World Data Squad
Gatomon is a digivolution in Lalamon's galaxy once the following requirements have been met:
- Unlocked Salamon
- Defeat 5 Nightmare Soldiers Digimon.
- 100 INT
- Unlocked three other digivolutions for Lalamon.
Digimon Xros Wars (manga)
A number of Gatomon work as attendants at Angewoman's spa. However, they eventually turn out to be Hagurumon working for Datamon in order to attempt to trap Tsurugi Tatsuno, Yu Inui, and Ami Kitajima.
Digimon Digital Card Battle
The R-Gatomon card is #083, and is a Champion-level card. Its basic stats are 750 HP, 30 DP, and 20 +P. It possesses the techniques "Lightning Paw" (410), "Lightning Kick" (300), and "Cat's Eyes" (210, to 0), and the Support Effect "If own HP are less than 500, boost own Attack Power +300."
The Gatomon card is #184, and is a Rookie-level, Nature-specialty partner card. Its basic stats are 600 HP, 0 DP, and +P 30. It possesses the techniques "Lightning Paw" (290), "Lightning Kick" (200), and "Cat's Eyes" (0, Counter), and the Support Effect "Change own Specialty to Nature. Draw 1 Card." It can be obtained from Cody Hida by winning the Igloo City Battle Arena, or from Ken Ichijouji by choosing between it and the #187 Wormmon partner card.
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
A Gatomon appears at the Inns, cities and other locations around the world to heal Junior's Digimon and restore their MP with a cost. It is also available as a white Champion Digimon card with 13/14.
Digimon World Re:Digitize
Digimon World Re:Digitize: Decode
Digimon World: Next Order
Gatomon is a Hand-To-Hand Vaccine type, Champion level Digimon. It digivolves from Salamon, SnowAgumon, and Gumdramon, and can digivolve into Angewomon, Taomon (Silver), and Lillymon. If the poop gauge hits max, it will digivolve into PlatinumSukamon.
Digimon World DS
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
Gatomon is #104, and is a Champion-level, Balance-class, Holy-species Digimon with a resistance to the Light element and weakness to the Dark element. Its basic stats are 151 HP, 181 MP, 97 Attack, 76 Defense, 100 Spirit, 85 Speed, and 49 Aptitude. It possesses the Halo 3 and LuckyMedal2 traits.
It dwells in the Highlight Haven.
Gatomon can be hatched from the Holy DigiEgg.
Another Gatomon sells equipment in Shine W Area.
Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
Gatomon is #078, and is a Champion-level, Balance-class, Holy-species Digimon with a resistance to the Holy and Water elements and a weakness to the Dark and Fire elements. It possesses the Paralysis Guard and Healing Hand traits.
It dwells in the Palette Amazon. When defeated, it can drop the debug plate for Angewomon.
Gatomon digivolves from Salamon and can digivolve into Angewomon, Lynxmon or Silphymon. In order to digivolve or degenerate into Tailmon, your Digimon must be at least level 17 with 50% Friendship, but only once you have revived Gatomon.
It can be hatched from the Holy Striped Egg.
Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
Gatomon DigiFuses from Salamon and Kudamon, and can DigiFuse to Silphymon with Aquilamon, to Angewomon with Wizardmon and Starmon, to Kabukimon with Floramon and Ninjamon, to Beastmon with Lekismon and Wendigomon, and to Baihumon with SaberLeomon, Vikemon, and AncientWisemon.
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Gatomon is a Light Vaccine type, Champion level Digimon, who uses 8 memory. Gatomon digivolves from Salamon, Patamon, and Terriermon and can digivolve into Angewomon, Lillymon, and can DNA digivolve to Silphymon with Aquilamon. Its special attack is Lightning Paw and its support skill is Holy Ring which increases HP recovery by 20%.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
Gatomon is #115 and is a Light Vaccine type, Champion level Digimon, who uses 8 memory. Gatomon digivolves from Salamon, Patamon, Terriermon, and Lunamon, and can digivolve into Angewomon, Lillymon, Pandamon, and can DNA digivolve to Silphymon with Aquilamon. Its special attack is Lightning Paw and its support skill is Holy Ring which increases HP recovery by 20%.
Digimon Rumble Arena
Digimon Rumble Arena 2
Digimon All-Star Rumble
Digimon World Championship
Digimon Soul Chaser
Digimon New Century
Notes and references
- Without its Tail Ring, Gatomon may be treated as a "Rookie" Digimon, such as the partner card in Digimon Digital Card Battle.
- 2000 Bandai D-Terminal English toy
- Digimon Adventure, "The Eighth Child Revealed" 
- Digimon Adventure, "Wizardmon's Gift" 
- Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
- Digimon Adventure 02, "Opposites Attract" 
- All forms are compatible with DW:EVOLVE.
- Digimon Adventure:, "The Hikari of Dawn" 
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory Field Guide: BlackGatomon: "The mutation of Gatomon that makes BlackGatomon is quite rare, and its population is pretty low."
- Digimon Adventure:, "The Glowing Angewomon" 
- Digimon Fusion, "Final Fusion - The Fight For Earth!" 
- Digimon Encyclopedia: Digimon Adventure/02 Cast/Character List
- Digimon Digital Card Battle
- Serbian dub
- Digimon Encounters
- This attack is named "Lightning Claw" on Bo-15, "Catastrophe" in Digimon Rumble Arena 2, and "Cat Punch" in Digimon World Data Squad, and Digimon Battle.
- This attack is named "Cat's Eyes" in Digimon Digital Card Battle, "Feline's Eye" in Digimon World Data Squad and Digimon World Championship, and retains its original name of "Cat's Eye" in Digimon ReArise.
- This attack is named "Collar Kicker" in Digimon Rumble Arena 2.
- This attack is named "Cat Scratch" in Digimon All-Star Rumble.
- Digimon Adventure tri. Digivice screen