Gabumon (Bond of Friendship)
|DigiFuse forms||Shoutmon X7F Superior Mode|
Yamato "Matt" Ishida
|Voice actors||(Ja:) Mayumi Yamaguchi (Adventure/02/tri./Kizuna/2020/Cyber Sleuth/Hacker's Memory/Next Order/ReArise/New Century), Kumiko Yokote (Frontier)|
(En:) Kirk Thornton (Adventure/02/tri./Kizuna/Frontier), Jeff Nimoy (Revenge of Diaboromon)
|Cards||(Ja:) St-5, St-229, St-230, St-453, St-618, Dα-121, DM-010, DM-064, DM-126, DM02-010|
(En:) St-05, Bo-116, DT-2, DT-86, DM-037, DM-051, DM-185, DM-186
Gabumon is a Reptile Digimon. Although it is covered by a fur pelt, it is still clearly a Reptile Digimon. Due to its extremely timid and shy personality, it always gathers up the data which Garurumon leaves behind, and shapes it into a fur pelt to wear. Because it is wearing the fur pelt of Garurumon, who is feared by other Digimon, it fills the role of safeguarding itself as a result of protecting its body. When it is wearing the fur pelt, its personality does a complete 180° shift. Gabumon is especially close to Bulucomon.
- Blue Blaster (Petit Fire): Releases a stream of blue ice-like flames from its mouth.
- Super Blue Blaster: A more powerful version of "Blue Blaster".
- Blue Blaster Slam
- Horn Attack (ツノ攻撃 Tsuno Kougeki?): Attacks using its horns.
- Horn Attack Combo
- Horn Attack Slam
- Little Horn: Attacks using a horn with the power of flames.
- Little Horn Combo
- Little Horn Combo 2
- Hidden Punch (Hidden Knock)
- Crush Nail
- Beast Attack: Attacks with a swift blow of a powerful beast.
- Gabumon Shot: Emits a small blast from the mouth.
- Petit Fire Hook: Places a Petit Fire in its hand to punch the opponent with.
- Mach Jab
- Blue Cyclone
- Skull Cracker
- Machine Gun Jab
- Drill Horn
- Drill Horn Special
- Claw Attack: Attacks with its claws.
- Spread Petite Fire: Spins around whilst spitting out blue fire from its mouth.
- Upper Claw: Knocks the enemy into the air with an upward swing of the claws on both hands.
- Ariel Nail Crash
- Fire Enbuken (ファイヤー円舞剣? lit. "Fire Waltz Sword"): Empowers Ninjamon's sword with its "Blue Blaster" to unleash a fiery slash.
- 1 Design
- 2 Fiction
- 2.1 Digimon Adventure
- 2.2 Digimon Adventure 02
- 2.3 Digimon Adventure 3D: Digimon Grandprix!
- 2.4 Digimon Adventure tri.
- 2.5 Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
- 2.6 Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer
- 2.7 Digimon Tamers: Digimon Medley
- 2.8 Digimon Frontier
- 2.9 Digimon World Data Squad
- 2.10 Digimon Fusion
- 2.11 Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (manga)
- 2.12 Digimon Adventure:
- 2.13 Digimon World
- 2.14 Digimon World 2
- 2.15 Digimon World 3
- 2.16 Digimon World Re:Digitize
- 2.17 Digimon World: Next Order
- 2.18 Digimon Digital Card Battle
- 2.19 Digimon World DS
- 2.20 Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
- 2.21 Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
- 2.22 Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
- 2.23 Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
- 2.24 Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
- 2.25 Digimon Rumble Arena
- 2.26 Digimon Rumble Arena 2
- 2.27 Digimon Battle Spirit
- 2.28 Digimon All-Star Rumble
- 2.29 Digimon Racing
- 2.30 Digimon World Championship
- 2.31 Digimon Battle
- 2.32 Digimon Masters
- 2.33 Digimon Heroes!
- 2.34 Digimon Soul Chaser
- 2.35 Digimon Links
- 2.36 Digimon ReArise
- 2.37 Digimon New Century
- 3 Notes and references
Gabumon is a maroon-eyed yellow-skinned lizard in a bluish-white pelt with navy blue markings and purple claws. A yellow horn protrudes at the top of its head and its belly is blue with unusual pink markings.
- Gabumon (ガブモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used in the franchise.
- (Ja:) Gabu Kashira (がぶ頭?). A Kabuki puppet whose face instantly changes from that of a timid maiden to a horned fiend with the pull of a string.
Digimon Adventure: Anode/Cathode Tamer
Digimon Adventure (PSP game)
Digimon Adventure 02
Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
Digimon Adventure 3D: Digimon Grandprix!
Digimon Adventure tri.
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
Digimon Adventure 20th Memorial Story
Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer
The Gabumon card, titled "PF DP Plus III", is a Rank 2 card which increases a Digimon's DP by 70.
Digimon Tamers: Digimon Medley
Digimon World Data Squad
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (manga)
An outdoor with a picture of Agumon and Gabumon is in the city.
Koromon will digivolve to Gabumon if its defense stat is higher than its attack stat. Gabumon can digivolve to Garurumon, Centarumon, Monochromon, Drimogemon, Tyrannomon or Ogremon. If not meeting the requirements to digivolve to Champion, it will digivolve to Numemon. If the waste gauge hits maximum, it will digivolve to Sukamon. When killed in battle, it has a 10% to digivolve to Bakemon. If the happiness and discipline gauges are empty, and it is scolded, it will digivolve to Nanimon.
Digimon World 2
Gabumon can digivolve into Centarumon, Drimogemon, NiseDrimogemon or Garurumon. Gabumon appears in SCSI Domain, BIOS Domain, Modem Domain, SCSI Domain, Core Tower, Tera Domain, Tournament 2 along with Bertran and Boss in BIOS Domain and Disk Domain. He also appears as boss in BIOS Domain with Centarumon and Starmon.
Digimon World 3
Gabumon is a rookie green card of 4/3 (4 AP and 3 HP). He too appears in Asuka Inn 2F sleeping.
Digimon World Re:Digitize
Gabumon digivolves from Koromon and Wanyamon and can digivolve to Gaogamon, Garurumon, Greymon, and Gatomon. If it fails to meet the requirements for any of these Champions, it will digivolve to Numemon, if the waste gauge fills to the maximum, it will digivolve to Sukamon.
Digimon World Re:Digitize: Decode
Gabumon digivolves from Tsunomon and Tokomon and can digivolve to Garurumon, Leomon, Growlmon, BlackGatomon, and Greymon. If it fails to meet the requirements for any of these Champions, it will digivolve to Numemon. If the waste gauge hits maximum, it will digivolve to Sukamon.
Digimon World: Next Order
A Gabumon in Freeze Way is freezing, as its pelt is old and has lots of holes in it. Wondering if Garurumon could fix the pelt for it, the Hero informs Gabumon that Garurumon lives in the City, as the Hero had previously recruited it. Wanting to have its pelt fixed, Gabumon joins the City as well. Gabumon joins the research district and appears at night, and will increase the Hero's partner Digimon's mood once per day.
Gabumon is a Hand-to-Hand Data type, Rookie level Digimon. It digivolves from Tsunomon and can digivolve into Garurumon, BlackGarurumon, GaoGamon, and Seadramon. If not meeting the requirements for any of those Champions before the age of 7, it will digivolve into Numemon if Attack is higher, or Geremon if Wisdom is higher. If the poop gauge hits max, it will digivolve into Sukamon.
Digimon Digital Card Battle
The Gabumon card is #062 and is a Rookie level Ice-type card with 680 HP, and worth 20 DP in the DP Slot. Its attacks are:
- "Blue Blaster": inflicts 350 damage.
- "Little Horn": inflicts 220 damage.
- "Hidden Punch": inflicts 140 damage, and sets the opponent's attack to 0.
It has no support effect.
Digimon World DS
Gabumon digivolves from Tsunomon if level 7 and can digivolve further into Garurumon if level 18 and Attack 120. He can be found at Data Forest if Tsunomon was your chosen partner at the beginning of the game. Kazuya, in the opening, has a Gabumon he introduces to the player. An NPC Gabumon works at the shop next to Wizarmon in DigiCentral, selling weapons, armors, and accessories.
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
Gabumon is #030, and is a Balance-class Beast-species Digimon with a resistance to the Earth element and a weakness to the Fire element. Its base stats are 113 HP, 102 MP, 86 Attack, 59 Defense, 53 Spirit, 63 Speed, and 22 Aptitude. It possesses the Mother Earth 2 and Quick 1 traits.
It dwells in the Resistor Jungle.
Gabumon can be hatched from the Fang Patterned Digi-Egg.
Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
Gabumon is #029, and is a Rookie-level, Speed-class, Beast-species Digimon with a resistance to the Earth element and a weakness to the Water element. It possesses the Evasion and Critical traits.
Gabumon is the second partner Digimon for the player.
Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue and Red
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Gabumon is a Fire Data Type, Rookie level Digimon and uses 5 memory. It digivolves from Tsunomon and can digivolve to Garurumon, Dorugamon, Numemon, Veedramon, and Frigimon. Its special attack is Blue Blaster and its support skill is Feral Impulse which increases speed by 15%.
In Complete Edition, Lobomon can de-digivolve to Gabumon.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
Gabumon is #025 and is a Fire Data Type, Rookie level Digimon and uses 5 memory. It digivolves from Tsunomon and can digivolve to It digivolves from Tsunomon and can digivolve to Garurumon, Dorugamon, Numemon, Veedramon, Frigimon, and Lobomon using the Human Spirit of Light. Its special attack is Blue Blaster and its support skill is Feral Impulse which increases speed by 15%.
Digimon Rumble Arena
Digimon Rumble Arena 2
Digimon Battle Spirit
Digimon All-Star Rumble
Digimon World Championship
Gabumon is an obtainable Mercenary Digimon. It digivolves into Garurumon at LVL 11, WereGarurumon at LVL 25, and MetalGarurumon at LVL 41. ZeedGarurumon can be unlocked as a Burst Mode at LVL 65, whilst MetalGarurumon can Jogress with WarGreymon to become Omnimon.
Digimon Soul Chaser
Digimon New Century
Notes and references
- Digimon Adventure, "And so it begins..." 
- Digimon Adventure, "Garurumon" 
- Digimon World: Next Order, Gabumon (Black): "Gabumon digivolved to a virus type."
- Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna [M18]
- Digimon Fusion, "Final Fusion - The Fight For Earth!" 
- Digimon Encounters
- Digimon Encounters: Bulcomon profile: "It is especially close to Gabumon."
- This attack retains its original name of "Petit Fire" in Digimon World Data Squad, Digimon World: Next Order, and Digimon ReArise.
- This attack is named "Horn Attack" in Digimon Rumble Arena 2.
- Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers FAQ by Ajora Fravashi To Bring Back Yesterday (2005-05-05) Retrieved on 2009-06-19.
- Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer (WSC) FAQ/Walkthrough by Ajora Fravashi GameFAQs (2003-07-05) Retrieved on 2009-06-09.