The Dramon-type (ドラモン系/ドラモンタイプ Doramon-kei/Doramon-taipu?) is a group of Digimon with "-dramon" in their names which is derived from "dragon" and as such most possess draconic features and traits. They are descendants of Dracomon, an ancient, pure-blooded Dragon Digimon. To be worthy of the name "Dramon", a Digimon typically needs to possess some Dragon data in their DigiCores. The Dragon Man Digimon WarGreymon—as well as its darker derivatives BlackWarGreymon and ChaosBlackWarGreymon—wears special "Dramon Destroyer" (Dramon Killer) gauntlets on its arms which are deadly to Dramon Digimon, though they put itself at risk as well.
While the DigiDestined are being chased by MetalSeadramon, Izzy reveals that according to his research, WarGreymon is a "Dramon Destroyer" due to his gauntlets, which are highly effective against "Dramon" Digimon. Tai has Agumon warp digivolve to WarGreymon to fight MetalSeadramon, and WarGreymon is eventually able to rip him to pieces by using "Great Tornado" within MetalSeadramon's mouth.
List of Dramon
Notes and references
- "-dramon" is pronounced IPA: "dɹeɪmɑn" in Digimon World: Next Order.
- MetalGreymon Cyberdramon is only considered a member of the Dramon-type in English materials, as its Japanese name and profile give no indication of any connection to the Dramon-type.
- Chaosdromon's Japanese name is Chaosdramon.
- Samudramon is only considered a member of the Dramon-type in English and Chinese materials, as its Japanese name, "Gaioumon" (ガイオウモン?), and profile give no indication of any connection to the Dramon-type.
- Samudramon Itto Mode is only considered a member of the Dramon-type in English materials, as its Japanese name, "Gaioumon Ittou no Kata" (ガイオウモン 厳刀の型?), and profile give no indication of any connection to the Dramon-type.