| "Digimon Adventure 3D: Digimon Grandprix!" |
(Dejimon Adobenchā 3D: Dejimon Guranpuri!)
|Airdate||(Ja:) October 3, 2009|
|Written by||(Ja:) Maekawa Atsushi|
|Directed by||(Ja:) Mamoru Hosoda|
Digimon Adventure 3D: Digimon Grandprix! is one of the two Digimon-related CG shorts at the Toei Animation Festival.
Twelve contestants compete in the Digimon Grandprix to obtain the titles of "King of Digimon". The race starts off with a rush, only Agumon flies the wrong way and Patamon's vehicle leaves without him. At the start, in a farm-like area, Veemon and DemiDevimon take the lead but, as they cross a river area, they attempt to ram each other out of the race, causing both their vehicles to stall. Preoccupied with each other, most of the other racers pass them. As the other Digimon advance, Agumon finally manages to go in the right direction, and Patamon joins him for a ride. In the snow-filled second stage, DemiDevimon manages to pass Tentomon and releases enough bombs to destroy both his vehicle and Armadillomon's, as Veemon speeds up. Within the fall forest section, Veemon and DemiDevimon attempt to take each other out, with their actions causing Gatomon, Gomamon, Biyomon, and Hawkmon to fall in succession, but Agumon, carrying the rest of the fallen riders, bursts through, with his sonic boom aftermath knocking Veemon and DemiDevimon off course. Ahead by a comfortable margin, Gabumon preens for the announcer, but Agumon quickly takes the lead. Unfortunately, his missile causes him to have an upset stomach, and he begins to poop, launching it as an impromptu missile. This action takes out Palmon almost instantly, and Gabumon falls soon after. Agumon soon loses course once more, leaving DemiDevimon and Veemon to duke it out in the city. DemiDevimon draws on his last resort and fires everything on his vehicle but his cockpit, which Veemon simply dodges, but the resulting explosion knocks him out. DemiDevimon thinks he wins, except Agumon, carrying the rest of the contestants, rides past and destroys DemiDevimon's vehicle with his shockwave. They all cross the finish line and share the title of "King of Digimon," except immediately after the missile goes out of control, sending them off into space.
- Agumon in the Taiti-Special, a missile
- Gabumon in the Yamato 2000GT, a classic car
- Tentomon in the Da Vin'ci-Screw, a spiral flying machine
- Biyomon in the Love-Love-Hart, a heart-shaped mini-plane
- Palmon in the Parasol-Corn, a popcorn-shaped car
- Gatomon in the Wild Cat, a motorcycle
- Patamon in the Patapata-Gogo, a floating tube with fans
- Gomamon in the Hikousen-GomaJyo-Go, a blimp
- Veemon in the Doramon-V, a long car
- Hawkmon in the BaronHawk-Kai, a military plane
- Armadillomon in the Super-Armadimon, a car comprised of only two giant wheels
- DemiDevimon in the Devil-Doctor, a syringe-shaped ship
- Fukui, the Announcer
- Multiple Punimon appear as spectators
- Multiple Nyokimon appear as spectators
- Multiple Pabumon appear as spectators
- Multiple Poyomon appear as spectators
- Multiple Chibomon appear as spectators
- Multiple Koromon appear as spectators
- Multiple Tsunomon appear as spectators
- Multiple Yokomon appear as spectators
- Multiple Tanemon appear as spectators
- Multiple Bukamon appear as spectators
- Multiple Tokomon appear as spectators
- Multiple Nyaromon appear as spectators
- Multiple DemiVeemon appear as spectators
- Multiple Upamon appear as spectators
- Multiple Salamon appear as spectators
- Several of the racers' vehicles reference their partners:
- Agumon's Taiti-Special and his partner Taichi "Tai" Kamiya, with "Taiti" being an alternate romanization of his given name.
- Gabumon's Yamato 2000GT and his partner Yamato "Matt" Ishida.
- Gomamon's Hikousen-GomaJyo-Go and his partner Joe Kido, with "Jyo" being an alternate romanization of his Japanese name "Jō".
- Gabumon's vehicle references the Toyota 2000GT.
- Tentomon's vehicle is based on Leonardo da Vinci's "aerial screw".
- The movie is done in the style of Wacky Races, with the assortment of different cars and hijinks between the characters.
- In the popular Korean theme park, Everland, the movie is featured as a 4D movie attraction in Space Tour located on European Adventure.
Notes and References