|Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna |
(デジモンアドベンチャー LAST EVOLUTION 絆)
|Original run:||(Ja:) February 21, 2020|
(En:) September 29, 2020
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna (デジモンアドベンチャー LAST EVOLUTION 絆 Dejimon Adobenchā LAST EVOLUTION Kizuna?, lit. "Digimon Adventure LAST EVOLUTION Bond) is a sequel to Digimon Adventure tri. that premiered in Japanese theaters on February 21, 2020. A dubbed/subbed version was released digitally September 29, 2020.
On May 28, 2018, the original Director of Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02, Hiroyuki Kakudo revealed he had quit the staff of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna after something was approved that he claimed was incompatible with what the previous series had established. On September 20, 2020, Producer Yosuke Kinoshita stated that Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna is in continuity with Digimon Adventure, Digimon Adventure 02, Digimon Adventure 02: Digimon Hurricane Landing!!/Transcendent Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals, and Digimon Adventure tri.. This included the end of the final episode of 02, set in 2028, where the DigiDestined are adults.
It is followed up by the Untitled Digimon Adventure 02 movie.
- 1 Characters
- 2 Development
- 3 Release
- 4 Related media
- 5 Credits
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Featured characters
- 8 Digivolutions
- 9 Quotes
- 10 Other notes
- 11 Notes
The official website for the Digimon Adventure movie revealed the character visuals for two characters for the upcoming film, 22-year-old Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure tri. protagonist Taichi "Tai" Kamiya (left image below), as well as Yamato "Matt" Ishida (right image below) as part of the 2018 Digimon Thanksgiving event.
The new film project is part of the overall 20th anniversary celebration of the franchise.
Hiromi Seki, Toei Animation's original producer for the Digimon anime projects, is serving as the supervisor of the new film project. Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru is also returning from the first Digimon anime projects as the new film project's character designer. Kenji Watanabe is designing the Digimon monsters for the new project, as he has done for the previous Digimon projects. In the February 2019 V Jump, released in December 2018, the DigiDestined's designs were shown off.
Development for Last Evolution Kizuna started in 2017, whilst Digimon Adventure tri. was in the middle of airing. It was made as the staff realised the Digimon Adventure series was the most popular part of the Digimon franchise as a whole after the positive reception to Adventure tri., so they decided to make another Adventure movie for its 20th anniversary.
Last Evolution Kizuna was shown on Japanese theaters starting February 21, 2020. An English-subtitled screening was scheduled for March 25 in the United States, but was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A dubbed/subbed release was set to release direct-to-video on July 7, 2020 but was delayed indefinitely on May 9 due to a production delay. Last Evolution Kizuna will be released in Japan on DVD and Blu-Ray on September 2, 2020, and will include a Drama CD. The dubbed/subbed version will release digitally on September 29, 2020, and on Blu-Ray/DVD on October 6, 2020.
- Director: Tomohisa Taguchi
- Screenplay: Akatsuki Yamatoya
- Supervisor: Hiromi Seki
- Character design: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru
- Digimon character design: Kenji Watanabe
- Animation character design: Seiji Tatsuka, Tetsuya Kumagai, Rie Nishino, Takaaki Sekizaki
- Music: Harumi Fuuki
- Chief animation director: Seiji Tatsukawa
- Prop design: Hiroumi Yoshida
- Art director: Eiji Iwase
- Concept art: Tsukasa Ohira
- Color designer: Saori Goda
- Photography director: Tetsuya Kawata
- Editing: Kentaro Tsubone
- Sound director: Satoki Iida
- Sound effects: Yuji Furuya
- Audio recording: Satoru Matsuda
- Animation producer: Atsushi Urushiyama
All voices actors are sourced to the the Movie's credits, unless stated otherwise.
|Natsuki Hanae||Taichi Yagami|
|Suzuko Mimori||Sora Takenouchi|
|Yoshimasa Hosoya||Yamato Ishida|
|Mutsumi Tamura||Koushiro Izumi|
|Hitomi Yoshida||Mimi Tachikawa|
|Junya Enoki||Takeru Takaishi|
|Junya Ikeda||Jo Kido|
|Fukujūrō Katayama||Daisuke Motomiya|
|Ayaka Asai||Miyako Inoue|
|Yoshitaka Yamaya||Iori Hida|
|Arthur Lounsbery||Ken Ichijōji|
|Mayu Matsuoka||Menoa Bellucci|
|Daisuke Ono||Kyotaro Imura|
|Miho Arakawa||Female Customer|
|Yukiko Morishita||Female Customer|
All voices actors are sourced to the the Movie's credits, unless stated otherwise.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
|Agumon||18||Agumon (Bond of Bravery)||Agumon|
|Gabumon||18||Gabumon (Bond of Friendship)||Gabumon|
|Eosmon (Champion)||7||Eosmon (Ultimate)||Eosmon (Mega)|
Agumon: Polly want a cracker?
- —Agumon quotes Tai from 15 years ago
Agumon: You know Tai, you sure have gotten big.
- —Tai's all grown up.
Kyotaro: I can see why you were mistaken, it's the haircut.
- —Kyotaro isn't surprised Matt thought he was evil.
Agumon, Gabumon, Tai, and Matt: This is going to be our, final digivolution!"
- —Agumon and Gabumon digivolve for the last time.
Agumon: Hey, Tai?
Gabumon: Hey, Matt?
Agumon: What will you do-
- —Agumon and Gabumon's final words.
- Koushiro "Izzy" Izumi's computer says "Time Rimit" instead of "Time Limit".
- The poster of Mizuki Kawashima from The Idolmaster Cinderella Girls in the restaurant that Taichi "Tai" Kamiya and Yamato "Matt" Ishida visit is removed in the English version of the movie.
- In the English version when Agumon is about to fight Parrotmon he says "Polly want a cracker?". Taichi "Tai" Kamiya asked the Parrotmon in Digimon: The Movie the same thing 15 years earlier.
- When Eosmon (Mega) dies she reverts into her Champion form and she and Menoa Bellucci look at each other one last time and they share a final moment together. Eosmon dies with a smile on her face and Menoa reacts by crying. The same thing happened with Meiko Mochizuki and Meicoomon in Digimon Adventure tri., "Future".
- The battle against Eosmon (Champion) in Cyberspace mimics the original battle against Diaboromon, with a similar battlefield and the same DigiDestined.
- Parrotmon's Digimon Analyzer screen is listed as "CB02-007 / Parrotmon". CB02-007 is Parrotmon's card in the Battle Spirits card game.
- "Burger Queen" is a parody of "Burger King".
- Like in To Sora, Takeru "T.K." Takaishi visits a cafe that is a parody of Starbucks.
- This is the first time an American English dub has used the Japanese opening theme song. All previous seasons and movies use localised songs.
- When Yolei talks to Matt about Kyotaro's laptop being suspiciously empty, she is looking at the operating system partition which has only used 2.41 MB. It is highly unlikely any modern operating system, especially one that closely resembles Windows 10, would use that little space.
- 角銅博之 @kakudou. "デジモン新プロジェクトについて 設定の継承で脚本の監修にという要請があり昨年より作業進めてましたが、TV版の設定と相容れないと思われるプロットが提出されプロデューサー陣がそれを支持した時点で降板を表明しました。経過を聞いてみたところそのまま進めてるそうなので、やはり降板します。" May 28, 2018, 4:44 AM. Tweet.
- Bleeding Cool: "Digimon: Last Evolution Kizuna Producer Talks Conclusions and Cameos"
- 【公式】デジモンアドベンチャー LAST EVOLUTION 絆 (@Digi_advntr20th) 【2020年初春】 「劇場版デジモンアドベンチャー（仮題）」 超ティザービジュアルを公開！！ キャラクターデザイン・中鶴勝祥が、映画のある１シーンをイメージして切り取ったイラストです。 この太一とアグモンの姿を公開まで覚えていてください。 http://digimon-adventure.net/ #デジモン 2019-03-05 Tweet.
- Anime News Network "Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Producer Yosuke Kinoshita"
- Siliconera: "The US Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Release Date Is March 25, 2020"
- Twitter: "To all DigiDestined, from the @ToeiAnimation and @fathomevents team:"
- Twitter: "Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna is coming to Blu-Ray & DVD on July 7th via @ShoutFactory! Available soon in both English dub and Japanese w/ English sub! #DigimonKizuna"
- Animenewsnetwork: "Shout! Factory Delays Release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Anime Film"
- Crunchyroll: "Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD/Blu-ray to Come with Newly-recorded Drama CD"
- Toei Animation @ToeiAnimation. "JUST ANNOUNCED: The 20th Anniversary film, DIGIMON ADVENTURE: LAST EVOLUTION KIZUNA, will arrive in North America for Digital Download on September 29 & on Blu-ray/DVD from @ShoutFactory on October 6! In both English dub & sub! #DigimonKizuna #DigimonAdventureLEK #Digimon" July 7, 2020, 16:13 PM. Tweet.
- jeffnimoy (@jeffnimoy) "I can finally announce that I return to the Digimon franchise to voice Tentomon, Kabuterimon, and Young Genai, and I adapted the script into English as well. I did not voice direct. Hope you fans love it as much as I loved working on it!" April 20, 2020, 18:31 PM. Instagram.
- comicbookmovie, "DIGIMON Exclusive: Robbie Daymond Discusses Taking Over The Role Of Joe From The Late Michael Lindsay" Robbie Daymond: "In this movie, I also play - I am probably going to butcher the name and lose all of my street cred - Ankylomon. He looks like an Armadillo, and then the little version of him and then the big version."
- Derek Stephen Prince: "I was extremely excited, it was like a little reunion going back and being able to do not only Veemon and Ken but also ExVeemon and they even had me do DemiVeemon." May 24, 2020, Twitch.
- Paul St. Peter (@RealPaulStPeter) "I vaguely recall that session, and I think I was reluctant to do such a tiny character with my voice...but it was a long time ago..." January 21, 2021, 22:01 PM. Tweet.
- Caitlin (@Kitsunes96) "Were you able to voice Stingmon for final movie too? I am happy that Stingmon makes appearance since Revenge of Diaboromon on August 5, 2005." January 26, 2021, 4:00 AM. Tweet.
Paul St. Peter (@RealPaulStPeter) "I believe I did, and was directed by the one and only Tony Oliver!" January 26, 2021, 5:17 AM. Tweet.
- Christopher Swindle @Swindletopher. "Looking forward to joining #Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna as Hawkmon / Aquilamon on Sept 29th. :) #DigimonAdventureLastEvolutionKizuna" July 20, 2020, 23:52 PM. Tweet.
|Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna|
|Main characters:||Taichi "Tai" Kamiya | Yamato "Matt" Ishida | Sora Takenouchi | Koushiro "Izzy" Izumi | Mimi Tachikawa | Joe Kido | Takeru "T.K." Takaishi | Kari Kamiya | Davis Motomiya | Cody Hida | Yolei Inoue | Ken Ichijouji|
|Digimon:||Agumon | Gabumon | Biyomon | Tentomon | Palmon | Gomamon | Patamon | Gatomon | Veemon | Armadillomon | Hawkmon | Wormmon|
|Allies:||Gennai | Kyotaro Imura|
|Antagonists:||Menoa Bellucci and Morphomon|
|Other characters:||Other characters|
|Other media:||20th Memorial Story | Novelizations (Dash X version - Mirai version)|
|See also:||Digimon | Digital World (Never World) | Internet | Digivice | D-3 | Smartphone Digivice | D-Terminal|