Candlemon is a Fire Digimon. There is a flame on its head that resembles DemiMeramon, and if that flame goes out, it dies. Because of this, some say that the main body is the flame and that the wax is just a decoy.
- Lava Loogie (Bonfire): Fires a small flame from his DigiCore fire energy that explode if hits.
- Paraffin Paralyzer (Melt Wax): Fires multiple globs of hot wax to paralyze opponent.
- Candle Ring: Emits an incredible beam of light.
- Tackle (Tai Atari): Uses its body made of hot wax to tackle the enemy.
- Candle Night
- Karmic Flame (Karma Flamer)
- Dark Fire (Yami Fire): Attacks with a small ball of fire from the abyss.
Candlemon has a DemiMeramon as a flame above its head.
- Candmon (キャンドモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used in Japanese media.
- (En:) Candle.
Name used in Digimon Frontier and other American English media.
- (En:) Candle.
Digimon Adventure: Anode/Cathode Tamer
Candlemon are recruitable enemies in Temple of Darkness—Left and Right, Vamdemon's Mansion, Shrine of Evil—Right, and Piemon's Palace.
Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
Candlemon are normal enemies in Ken's side of Plume Cave and Ryo's side of Machine Base 2.
Digimon Adventure 02: D-1 Tamers
Candlemon accompanies Meramon, the boss of the Volcano Dungeon.
Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer
Candlemon are enemies in the Sinkhole Crevasse.
The Candlemon card, titled "Curse Chip", recovers one Digimon from the Curse status ailment.
Digimon Frontier (manhua)
Digimon Battle Spirit 2
Digimon World Data Squad
Candlemon is a a member of Agumon's digivolution galaxy once Goburimon has been unlocked, 5 Dragon's Roar Digimon have been defeated, and 300 damage has been inflicted in one attack. Candlemon is also a requirement for Otamamon (Red) and Meramon.
Digimon Ghost Game
Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01
Several Candlemon are servants of Lord Vamdemon. When Tai Kamiya and his friends enter his castle, a Candlemon attacks them, but Zeromaru manages to win. Another is among the Digimon who use Nightmare Wave to brainwash Zero.
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
Candlemon is only available as a Black Rookie Card with 1 AP and 1 HP.
Digimon Digital Card Battle
The Candlemon card is #031 and is a Rookie level Fire-type card with 480 HP, and worth 20 DP in the DP Slot. Its attacks are:
- "Flame Bomber": inflicts 380 damage.
- "Molten Wax": inflicts 270 damage.
- "Karmic Flame": inflicts 0 damage, and counters attacks.
Its support effect is "Boost own Attack Power +200."
Digimon World Re:Digitize
Candlemon digivolves from Gigimon, Koromon, and Tokomon, and can digivolve to Airdramon, Birdramon, Growlmon, and Meramon. If it fails to meet the requirements for any of these Champions, it will turn into Numemon, if the waste gauge fills to the maximum, it will turn into Sukamon.
Digimon World Re:Digitize: Decode
Candlemon digivolves from Gigimon and can digivolve to Growlmon, Tyrannomon, GeoGreymon, Meramon, and Devimon. If it fails to meet the requirements for any of these Champions, it will digivolve to Numemon. If the waste gauge hits maximum, it will digivolve to Sukamon.
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
Candlemon is #80 in Digimon World Dawn and Dusk, and is an Attacker-class Dark species Digimon with a resistance to the Dark element and a weakness to the Light element. Its basic stats are 114 HP, 122 MP, 79 Attack, 57 Defense, 52 Spirit, 60 Speed, and 20 Aptitude. It possesses the Dark Breath 2 and Fire Aura 2 traits.
It dwells in the Thriller Ruins.
Digimon World Championship
Candlemon digivolves from DemiMeramon pass time and can digivolve into Meramon with 6 Battles, Clockmon with 20 Machine AP and 1 Egg Revert, RedVegiemon with 4 Penalties or Lynxmon through passing time.
Candlemon is DemiMeramon's Rookie Form and can be found in the Gekomon Village. It has a stat build of 3-2-2-1. It can also digivolve to Wizardmon or Starmon naturally, or Starmon through card digivolution. The natural version of Starmon can become SuperStarmon, whilst the card version can become DarkSuperStarmon.
Candmon can digivolve to Meramon.
Digimon Soul Chaser
Digimon New Century
Notes and references
- Digimon Battle
- Digimon Frontier, "Kumamon Baby, Light My Fire" 
- OPJ-001: Record of Evolution
- 1-085: Candmon
- Digimon Xros Wars (manga), "Xros Sweets!! The Girls' Sweet Trap!!?" 
- Digimon New Century
- Digimon World Dawn and Dusk Gallery: Candlemon
- This attack is named "Flame Bomber" in Digimon World 2, Digimon Digital Card Battle, and St-41, and retains its original name of "Bonfire" in Digimon World Data Squad, Digimon World Championship, and Digimon Battle.
- This attack is named "Molten Wax" in Digimon Digital Card Battle, and "Melted Wax" on St-41, Digimon World Data Squad, and Digimon Battle.
- This attack is named "Body Attack" on DM02-007.