| "Big Trouble in Little Edo" |
"Shurimon's Martial Arts Chronicle"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) July 16, 2000|
(En:) November 4, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Atsushi Maekawa|
(En:) Rebecca Forstadt
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takao Yoshizawa|
| Chief Anim.|
The DigiDestined find themselves in a town reminiscent of ancient Japan, and the experience wouldn't be complete without a ninja showdown.
Entering an Ancient Japanese-like town, the DigiDestined run into Ninjamon where Shurimon fights in a battle of honor to find out who is the best Ninja. They also run into the Geckomon and Otamamon who's leader, ShogunGeckomon, is controlled by a Dark Spiral set by Ninjamon. They run out of the hiding place and trick ShogunGeckomon into destroying the Control Spire, therefore disarming the Dark Spiral.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Davis "Can I at least wash under your arms? You don't want to stink do ya?"
DemiVeemon: "Can I just be stinky?"
Davis: "No way! All of my girl friends will think that stink is coming from me!"
- —Davis tries to give his squirming partner a bath.
"It could just be my imagination, but I think my family's gone nuts."
- —Jun is concerned, very concerned.
Ninjamon: "Haven't you ever heard of multiplication?"
Shurimon: "Ninja Wind!!"
Ninjamon: "Where'd he go?!"
Shurimon: "I prefer subtraction."
- —Ninjamon and Shurimon know math.
"Davis, you can be so insensitive sometimes..."
- —Kari scolds Davis for his ill-thought ideas.
- In the English dub, T.K. claims that he's seen ShogunGekomon fight before. Though ShogunGekomon featured in the previous episode Princess Karaoke, T.K. was not present.
- When Yolei's father turns off the television, she is wearing green socks, but when she picks up Poromon her socks are now violet.
- When Armadillomon is seen in a still shot using his Scratch Beat attack, his nose is the same color as his face, his right ear is purple and the nails of his right paw are red.
- Before the group retreat from the townsfolk, Kari's shirt is yellow, her shorts are pink, and Cody's left hand is gray. When they turn to run, for an instant, the back of Armadillomon's head is yellow, and in another instant, the upper parts of Kari's shoes are white.
- Before ShogunGekomon starts destroying the town, as the group are talking, Hawkmon's fingers are white instead of black.
- As the Floramon reappear, Kari's shirt is completely white, and the colors on Yolei's vest and bag are the wrong way round.
- When the group is shown surrounded by the townsfolk, Hawkmon's fingers are red instead of black.
- Before becoming Raidramon, the yellow marking under Veemon's right eye is missing.
- When Davis backs away from the Mushroomon, the shaded red part of his jacket is instead shaded blue.
- As Raidramon turns to face Davis, the yellow stripes on his shoulders disappear for a brief moment.
- When Digmon uses his Rock Crackin' attack, his arms are yellow underneath, where they should be black.
- When the dark rings on the Mushroomon break, one of the Mushroomon appears to have no mouth.
- During one shot of ShogunGekomon sleeping, Cody is shown in what appear to be his real-world clothes.
- When Gekomon is yelling at Davis, Kari's left thumb isn't covered by her glove.
- During the first battle with the Floramon and Mushroomon, two consecutive moments, first where Patamon slaps a Floramon, and second where Armadillomon scratches a Mushroomon, were removed from the English dub.
- When ShogunGekomon destroys the control spire, the moment when the spire collapses is removed from the English dub. This could also be attributed as being removed due to the similarities to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the film Big Trouble in Little China. Also, Edo is the former name of the Japanese capital Tokyo.
- In the Japanese episode, Yolei and Hawkmon's lines after meeting Ninjamon reference a recurring gag from Kaiketsu Zubat, in which the main hero claims that the weapons expert he encounters in each episode is only second best at what they do, with the best being himself.
- In the Japanese episode, upon sighting the control spire, ShogunGekomon uses the exclamation "GeGeGe no Ge!", from Gegege no Kitaro.
- Shurimon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- This is the first and only time the viewer sees Gatomon use her "Cat's Eye Hypnotism" attack.
- In this episode, all the kids begin wearing their summer clothes in the real world. It may also be worth noting that they're the same clothes that the kids wear in the third Digimon movie, which aired originally, in Japan, just before this episode.
- Ninjamon uses the "Nouten Sakaotoshi" attack which is officially Shurimon's attack.
- When Davis and Demiveemon are taking a bath, Davis called Demiveemon "Veemon"