|"All Aboard" |
(Densetsu no Toushi! Honō no Agunimon)
"The Legendary Warrior! Agnimon of Flame"
|(Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Sensation Animation
|Airdate||(Ja:) April 7, 2002|
(En:) September 9, 2002
|Written by||(En:) Seth Walther|
|View on Wikimon|
Takuya Kanbara and several other children follow mysterious directions to the Digital World, where he discovers a bond with the Legendary Warrior of Flame.
Takuya Kanbara is getting ready for his brother's birthday party when he received a phone message from a mysterious voice, which invites him to a game. He follows the directions given and finally ends up at Shibuya's subway station, though not without some fortuitous coincidences. Takuya gets in an elevator after seeing Koji Minamoto, and the elevator drops below the typical floors into a hidden area filled with trains. He boards one as they leave, seeing Koji ride away into another tunnel.
Three other children are on the train with him: J.P. Shibayama, Zoe Orimoto and Tommy Himi. J.P. and Zoe apparently also received a message on their phones, just as Takuya did, though Tommy was forced onto the train due to bullies. The four children begin to talk, until the lights turn off and all four are swept off their feet. Takuya sees images of Digimon superimposed on the others, just as their phones turn into D-Tector Digivices. The mysterious voice then welcomes them to the Digital World.
They stop at the Flame Terminal, where they discover that their train is actually alive: it is a Trailmon (Worm), who tells them they need a Spirit to return home. Tommy begins freaking out, attempting to cross the train tracks back home despite the fact that they hang in midair. Takuya goes after him, but Cerberumon attacks seeking a Spirit, causing Bokomon and Neemon to flee to Takuya. Cerberumon attacks them, but within the Flame Terminal, Takuya's D-Tector reveals the H Spirit of Flame, which he uses to spirit evolve into Agunimon. He defeats Cerberumon and scans his Fractal Code after a harsh battle, after which he reverts back to Takuya, leaving all involved confused.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
|Bokomon: "That is one bad dog. Bad dog. Cerberumon. Special Attack: Emerald Blaze. And that's why we need your help."|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
|Takuya Kanbara||1||Agunimon||2||Takuya Kanbara|
"I knew I should have asked for more allowance!
- —Takuya after searching his pockets for money for a ticket.
"You can hear that on Mars!"
- —Takuya after Worm makes a loud yell.
"This kid could get a job as a fire alarm..."
- -J.P. on Tommy crying.
"This sure rates pretty high on a scale of one to stupid!"
- —Takuya about ready to fight against Cerberumon with a lead pipe. Definitly very high on the scale.
- —Zoe when Takuya becomes Agunimon and saves Tommy, Bokomon and Neemon.
- —Zoe after Takuya defeats Ceberumon.
- In the elevator scene, when Takuya asks Koji if he also got the message, his hands are shown without his gloves.
- When Tommy starts running after Worm, the folded brim of Zoe's knit cap is colored pink instead of purple.
- In the English dub, in the moment immediately after receiving the Spirit and immediately before Spirit Evolution, Ophanimon's voice comes from the D-Tector and says, "It is time."
- Cerberumon announcing his Emerald Blaze attack when ambushing Agunimon is exclusive to the English dub.
- In the Latin American dub, Cerberumon roars when he opens his mouth in front of Agunimon, and announces his Emerald Blaze attack while he releases it.
- Takuya is told to go to Shibuya Station via a train from Jiyūgaoka Station.
- Takuya's mother was talking to her husband about the Cuban missile crisis.
- The kids' grades are as follows:
- Takuya—Fifth Grade
- Koji—Fifth Grade
- J.P.—Sixth Grade (making him the oldest of the group)
- Zoe—Fifth Grade
- Tommy—Third Grade
- The grades mentioned above are moved up by one year (except for Tommy) in the English dub, making J.P. a seventh grader and the rest of the group sixth graders.