Aldamon is a Wizard Digimon. It possesses power over Flame that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of AncientGreymon and acquiring unknown abilities. Although it makes many enemies with its rough behavior, its name is derived from the fused form of a god of Indian mythology, Ardhanarishvara, and since it possesses both the wildness of a beast and the intelligence of a human, it is a Demon God that fights by converting anger or fear into righteous strength. In battle, it unleashes super-wide ranged attacks that melt everything then burn it up without a trace. This aspect has enough destructive power, in that moment, to bear a close resemblance to the menace of modern nuclear weapons. Also, it is capable of fighting using the "Rudriya Darpaṇa" (रुद्रियदर्पण? lit. "Terrifying Mirror") superweapons on both of its arms in hand-to-hand combat, and it specializes in close combat.
- Solar Wind Destroyer (Brahmashira): Enhances the holy flames of its "DigiCore" to their utmost limit, then personally manufactures the high temperature and high density core of the sun, before detonating it.
- Atomic Inferno (Brahmastra): High-speed rapid-fires the extremely high-temperature shots it unleashes from the Rudriya Darpaṇa.
- Aldamon (アルダモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used in the franchise.
Digimon Xros Wars (manga)
Aldamon can digivolve to KaiserGreymon.
Notes and references
- Aldamon's Hybrid level is treated as equivalent to the Mega level in the Digital Monster Card Game and to the Ultimate level in the Digimon Card Game. Aldamon is a Mega Digimon in the Digital Monster Card Game α and an Ultimate Digimon in Digimon Pendulum Z.
- Digimon Frontier, "Darkness Before the Dawn" 
- Digimon Xros Wars, "Xros Songs!! To All Youths Who Chase their Dreams!!" 
- Spirit-Digivolving Figures: Kaiser Greymon
- Bo-858: Wind into Flame, Ice-fang into Blade
- Digimon Encyclopedia: Digimon Frontier Character/Cast List
- Spirit-Digivolving Figures: Aldamon
- Digimon Frontier (manhua)
- The Rudriya Darpaṇa is a superweapon detailed in the 1923 Sanskrit text, the Vaimānika Shāstra.
Internet Sacred Text Archive, retrieved 06/14/12; The Vymaanika-Shaastra, Ch. III: "Rowdree-darpana is a mirror or lens which liquefies everything that it flashes against. Paraankusha says that where Rudraanyosharaa and abhralinga come into contact, a fierce force called roudree comes into being. Mingling with solar rays it melts everything. 'Sammohana kriyaa kaanda' says: 'By the mixing of roudree and solar rays an evil force called maarikaa is generated, and impelled by the solar electricity, it destroys the enemy planes.'"